Lord of the Rings: War in the North, $5 PC, Activates on Steam

Nice sale, good game for LotR fans. A shame the publishers abandoned it shortly after release.

Nice sale, good game for LotR fans. A shame the publishers abandoned it shortly after release.

That is sad to hear..I actually ran across it while checking out another game that linked to from GOG, if I remember correctly..

The screenies looked awesome, so I posted in the Hot Deals thread asking if anyone had played it, and I was told it is really only worth it if you play with friends that have it..

I wonder how "bug free" this is, since you said the developer dropped support for it..Sometimes I think there should be a minimum amount of time publishers MUST commit to in order to address any/all issues with a game..

This would be awesome, even though I know it will not happen..IT didn't used to be such a big deal back in the day, as studios would not release a game unless it was ready..

That practice went the way of the dinosaurs over the last decade..Now it's release in Beta stage and rape the early adopters:mad:

I picked this game up for $13 or so a while ago from GMG, and had no regrets for the price I paid. For an RPG, it's quite short (I beat it in about 12 hours), but I didn't find any part of it to be dull. It's a Diablo style hack-n-slash loot grabber RPG. It's no masterpiece, but for $5 you can't really go wrong.

EDIT: Also, use DERHE-RRDER-RINGE for 20% off. Makes it $4.

That is sad to hear..I actually ran across it while checking out another game that linked to from GOG, if I remember correctly..

The screenies looked awesome, so I posted in the Hot Deals thread asking if anyone had played it, and I was told it is really only worth it if you play with friends that have it..

I wonder how "bug free" this is, since you said the developer dropped support for it..Sometimes I think there should be a minimum amount of time publishers MUST commit to in order to address any/all issues with a game..

This would be awesome, even though I know it will not happen..IT didn't used to be such a big deal back in the day, as studios would not release a game unless it was ready..

That practice went the way of the dinosaurs over the last decade..Now it's release in Beta stage and rape the early adopters:mad:

It was fairly bug free in terms of showstoppers and CTDs. Biggest annoyance lots of folfs reported was frame rate slowdowns in certain areas. I'm not sure if that was patched or not. Lots of fans begged for expansion or DLC, which never happened. One of the better games I've played I'm a while in terms of not being crash prone and randomly buggy.

Oh dammit, saw this one too late. It looked really cool when it first came out, but I rarely buy games full price, so I was going to wait. Maybe next time!

Back