Lord Of The Rings Trilogy: Extended Edition (blu-ray) $30

Happy00000

Limp Gawd
Amazon hasLord Of The Rings Trilogy: Extended Edition (blu-ray) for $30.

Lowest price ever.I already own it, but it'll make a great gift at that price.

Last edited:
Yeah great trilogy, must-have for any LOTR fans. I also bought it when it first came out a few years ago at $40 or so, and bought a few more since for gifts for the in-laws. Definitely a great gift for any LOTR fan!

This is an amazing box set. I bought it about 2 years ago @ $50 and well worth it. Any fan owes it to themselves to snag this.

Yup, great box set, bought it last year at $35.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Really tempting at that price even though I already bought the extended edition dvds. Really try not to double dip but that $30 is a good price.

why all the poor reviews? 3/5 stars. I'm reading now, but can't seem to make much sense out of them.

why all the poor reviews? 3/5 stars. I'm reading now, but can't seem to make much sense out of them.

A lot of them are lower stars because they do what Peter Jackson/WB were expected to do: release each film/box set 2x, once with standard theatrical, and again with the Extended Edition a year later.

Others are because they felt the movie deviated from book canon here or there, but yeah, pay it no mind if you are a fan of the movies, these Extended Editions are the ones to have. I owned the DVD box sets and the Blu-Ray upgrade is worth it as the films were shot at a time that they benefit from the higher resolution.

ehh...I just picked up the Trilogy, no game bundle. I've been waiting for it to drop in price for a long time. Almost bit last week when it was $50.

Ordered! I'm not supposed to get myself treats this late in the season (per the wife), but I'll let her wrap this up for me. ;)

The real problem is Amazon's nasty habit of putting reviews for a movie across all formats and releases of the film. For $30.00, this is a no brainer. I'll still keep my DVD's which have better packaging AFAICT.

Have you ever tried to watch Lord of the Rings extended trilogy in one sitting? There is no curse in Elvish, Entish, or the tongues of Men for how much your ass will hurt.

The real problem is Amazon's nasty habit of putting reviews for a movie across all formats and releases of the film. For $30.00, this is a no brainer. I'll still keep my DVD's which have better packaging AFAICT.

I couldn't care less about packaging. Any disc, DVD or Bluray, immediately gets ripped to my HTPC, then thrown into a storage box, probably never to be seen again.

I couldn't care less about packaging. Any disc, DVD or Bluray, immediately gets ripped to my HTPC, then thrown into a storage box, probably never to be seen again.

The 1 stars are people complaining that the theatrical release box set is a rip-off, since the extended edition will come out later. Not useful reviews at all if you are shopping for the extended boxset.

I got in on this deal during Amazon's 2013 Black Friday sale. I paid $39.95 and it was worth every penny.

Back