Loosing anything by going to 4.3.3 from 4.1?

86 5.0L

Supreme [H]ardness
Got an iphone 4, original 4.1, baseband 02.10.04, jailbroken. lately its been 'glitchy', 3G comes and goes, missed calls that never ring, etc. I've been trying to restore a clean 4.1, but its being difficult, so I was thinking about just upgrading to 4.3.3 and jailbreaking it, is that stupid?

Just upgrade using snowbreeze and it will preserve your current baseband. You get all the benefits of 4.3.3 and if you need unlock in the future you will have a higher chance of doing so. Make sure that you save your 4.3.3 SHSH blobs so you can always reflash in the future.

Not sure you are gaining anything by preserving that baseband, it can't be unlocked and personally I don't think they will ever be coming out with more baseband unlocks. Also you do lose quite a bit as you need to run ultrasn0w all the time now to prevent the no signal bar issue plus there seem to be reports that it is still a bit buggy in showing signal/SMS working.

If you think about it they do actually fix things in the baseband which may address the things you are complaining about.

IMO go to 4.3.3 and get the baseband/ios versions current, I bet your problems go away. If they don't try a restore as new instead of the backup, that solves things too.

Back