Loooove my Dell 3007WFP

cathode

2[H]4U
After much thought and research, I decided to move on the dell 30". Thanks to you all who posted pics and info on these boards, I cannot begin to tell how good it is to read actual people's accounts of performance as opposed to all of the same -old drivel posted on the corporate sites.

I was concerned about two major issues:
1) the high-pitched noise that some people reported
2) the evenness of the backlight and color

Thankfully, I got one that seems to be fine on both counts. I can hear a faint buzz when the brightness is up all the way, but I have to concentrate to hear it and I pretty much never notice it against the background of my Antec Sonata (which is admittedly pretty quiet.) If I take the brightness down one notch (to 19) then this noise is completely gone and I can't hear it even if I try.

The color is really nice. I use this monitor for work in photoshop and it is better than my old 21" Viewsonic graphics series. The backlight is nice and even, thankfully!

I was slightly worried about dead pixels too, as this was my first LCD, but I can't find any.

I love this thing. I used to leave my desktop black, but it feels like such a waste with the expanse of beauty that sits before me. After looking around for awhile I've collected a pretty good list of 2560x1600 wallpapers. Only free and high-quality wallpapers made the cut - would you believe that while looking around, some sites even tried to give me image.jpg.exe viruses... naughty, naughty! Here's the list: http://www.ianlabs.com/2007/02/23/the-ultimate-list-of-2560x1600-wallpaper-images/

Anyhow, I am very happy with this monitor. I went ahead and got the upgraded three-year warranty just in case. I did keep the box too in case I ever have to ship it back. I really appreciate all of the helpful people in these forums who posted all of the nitty gritty details about their 3007's.

I just want to say a huge thanx for that link!

My 2560x1600 desktop background collection has grown massively now :D

/loves his 3007WFP too...

I forgot to mention how blown away I was by the brightness of this thing!
Check out this photo for comparison:
3007brightnesscomparison.jpg

Now I have a hard time using regular monitors, they just seem like they're "half on"

very nice link you posted to wallpapers, I'm about to purchase one too so I'll be using it quite a bit

Moronic. Who wouldn't love a 30'' lcd montior on this forum?

Well, i suppose my point was that I had lots of reservations and did not think that I would love it due to the problems people were reporting.

Like many people did for me, I wanted to put another viewpoint out there where everything worked right and I didn't have to return the thing.

I got my 30" about three months or so ago. I couldn't be happier with it. Mine has uniform backlighting and no dead pixels. Mine also doesn't produce the noise that some people complained about.

I love my 2405 Dell Ultra Sharp, but i would love to have 3007. The only thing holding me back is that 3007 still does not support HDMI connection.

I just got the HC setup. I also got no dead pixels. I noticed the slight humming mentioned when I step up the brightness from 90% to 100% (not sure how many steppings there are).

There is no perceivable backlight uniformity issue, however long shutter photos of the screen (~10 sec) do show bleed thru on the lower left (large) and upper right (little).

On a ~5 sec shutter it is very mild so I would go as far as to say it doesn't have it at all. I haven't had a chance to calibrate it, not even sure how to go about that actually, as the unit has no RGB adjustments, maybe using the Nvidia control panel for color...

So two thumbs up!

I love my 2405 Dell Ultra Sharp, but i would love to have 3007. The only thing holding me back is that 3007 still does not support HDMI connection.

I don't understand, the 3007 doesnt even come with sound (by default, I know there is an add-on sound bar). The benefit of HDMI is that it is DVI bundled with audio. Also there is no device out at the moment outputting over HDMI that can go up to 2560x1600.

Do you mean you are wary because the unit does not have multimedia inputs and an internal scaler to suppor them?

I don't have a 15% off coupon and can't find one anywhere. I hope Dell is willing to just give me the discount when I try to order the -HC...

I don't have a 15% off coupon and can't find one anywhere. I hope Dell is willing to just give me the discount when I try to order the -HC...

Hmmn, wait till monday. Thats when Dell sends out the new mailings, and even if you aren't on the mailing list, there will be a rise in dell coupon posts on slickdeals and fatwallet (as well as e-bay...).

Also, I can tell you for Small Business, its very YMMV to get the discount without the coupon.

I have had my 3007wfp since November and it is perfect. No problems at all. I got the 5 year replacement warranty. I recently upgraded to the high end PureAV dual link dvi video cable. I didn't think it would make a difference, but it does look even more vibrant now.

Back