Looks like TigerDirect is done

It may be true, but it will take more than a wiki link at Atech to make me believe

They are a retail Ebay center, like a Rakuten without the selection and overseas shipping. No loss for me.

Kinda sucks for me since my CC often gave me 10-20% cash back bonuses with them. It made buying stuff from them a pretty darn good deal sometimes.

Their bricks and mortar stores are gone but I did order some memory from them last month. It wasn't a good experience, though.

Just checked out their website and quite a few items are gone; almost no video cards left of any kind. Not sure if this is due to holiday mass sales or restructuring issues, as Tigerdirect is going to be online-only in the near future (all Tigerdirect B&M stores to be liquidated by sometime in Jan. 2016).

Hate to see any store go tits up that supplies this thing of ours but have to admit I never bought from them. All the bad stories about their service, piss poor website and kinda high prices and I didn't see much reason to.

Last edited:
I ordered an cpu from them days before black friday, right after i saw the email promo.

Never delivered. They lied saying it was in stock and more than a week later it changed to backordered. Then to more or less not expecting shipment for it ever.

order status still says "in the warehouse"
website shows item I ordered to be in stock "in store only"

Whether or not they are done, I'm done with them

The best thing to come out of Tiger Direct was Logan
NewEgg was Paul and the asian girl I forget her name..

they were bad from the start. Good riddance.

63776604.jpg

I used to use them back in the day, but they were fucking terrible at checking their returns. I ordered a monitor that had the right box but not the right product... And if you pulled away the label you would see the return label.

Spent a few years price back in the day checking with them, always seemed higher prices, kept with NewEgg/Chiefvalue. After realizing they were not competitive, in my eyes, I never went back to their website.

Yup, they were bought by a company called PCM. Apparently they supply business solutions, rather than general enthusiast and consumer products.

The owners were recently jailed for some kind of fraud. The last retail location here in Miami has been liquidating.

you guys should keep an eye out on their site. Prices are being marked down about 10% everyday.

Amazon claims another. They won't have to price match anything in 2 years because they will have no competitors. Your future Geforces will be costing $700, glad I won't be the fool buying them.

Looks like directron is the only remaining site I can order pc parts from and avoid paying California sales tax :(

Looks like directron is the only remaining site I can order pc parts from and avoid paying California sales tax :(

You mean directly, though you ultimately submit those purchases for taxation on your state taxes. Obviously.

My last purchase with them was back in 2011. Before that, 2008. Ive had a total of 3 orders. Never had an issue with them but I do agree on their prices being ridiculously high.

From http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/help/return.asp

TigerDirect.com said:
Beginning December 24, 2015, all sales are final. Orders placed on or after
12/24/2015 12:00 AM ET are not eligible for return, refund or exchange and returns will not be accepted. The manufacturer’s warranty for covered products will still apply. Information about a product manufacturer’s warranty and/or support contact information can be found within the item's detail page on our website or you can click here to visit our Help Center.

Seems that the fat lady is singing.

Amazon claims another. They won't have to price match anything in 2 years because they will have no competitors. Your future Geforces will be costing $700, glad I won't be the fool buying them.

Eh, you can't really blame Amazon for the death of TigerDirect. They have done literally nothing to improve their website or customer service in recent memory. This is a failed retailer that just didn't care anymore, nothing more.

That's for a refurb!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

My experiences with them were always good. Had to RMA a vid card about 5 years ago with no issues. I bought 6 ASUS monitors from them because they had the lowest price. No issues with them either.

However, I did visit their store in Orlando a couple of years ago and the place looked like shit.

The few times I've ordered from TigerDirect have generally been good. Corsair CX PSUs for under $15, a brand new 4930k for about $350, Phenom II 1090T for $200 upon release...

Just stop already... Give it a rest.

That's exactly what the world is doing to TD and I'm also one of the ones that say good riddance.

They are the only company that forced me to follow through with a charge back. Most the threat a charge back will get them to solve the issue.

Instead they insisted on helping Vision Tech commit fraud. Sorry but it is not a AIW without the ATI Theater Processor. (Or the ability to use ATI/AMD AIW drivers.)

Never liked TigerDirect, even when I lived In Florida and went to one of their B&M stores (former CompUSA site). Place was slightly decrepit, with a "rough warehouse" look. Dim fluorescent lighting and carelessly placed box items added to the cheap feel. Staff didn't seem too motivated. Prices were higher than that of their competitors -- sometimes ridiculously so. The only time in the last few years I seriously wanted to buy something from TigerDirect was when they offered the Nano for $400 -- now THAT was a truly good steal of a deal!

There's a MicroCenter 10 min. away from my house and the difference between them and TigerDirect is night and day.

Eh, you can't really blame Amazon for the death of TigerDirect. They have done literally nothing to improve their website or customer service in recent memory. This is a failed retailer that just didn't care anymore, nothing more.

Failed retailer = nailed it

I worked as a tech at one of their stores a while ago. Worst company I've ever worked for. By far. Not only did they stop caring... they kept changing policies on a regular basis and lost all their decent salespeople and techs as a result. I only had a view of the retail B&M operations, but I imagine the online parts weren't that different...

Back