Looks like the special order for 27" - 120 HZ - IPS Catleaps is going to happen

Have they actually been able to push it up to 120hz? Last I heard nVidia capped it as ~100hz and AMD was stuck at ~85hz.

Reading through that thread there, it still may not happen. They are only "talking" about it with their contact from Korea.

A little premature, don't you think? Read the whole OCN thread OP.

Discussions with the manufacturer are on Thursday (2 days from now), with a positive outlook.

You should not be proclaiming it's definitely going to happen when the manufacturer hasn't agreed.

My Catleap maxes out at 115 hz. I have tested and verified that it does indeed push 115 fps when pushed that far. I am running on a GTX 680 though.

EDIT: At least one person has gotten 120 hz out of his catleap, although it is rather... unstable at that refresh rate. It works, just unstable. More than one has gotten 120 hz at a lower resolution.

Last edited:
Just as a heads up for anyone heading over to the link: The overclock.net people's contacts will be meeting with the company that would be doing production on thursday, so no word for sure until then. If the answer is yes, then it's looking to be 1-2 months out.

And, honestly, my old, old, old Samsung 205BW would be so blown out of the water by one of the 60hz catleaps that are bing sold now, and the price has dropped so low, I don't think I can say no to buying what's out there right now. My Clicky Finger is getting mighty itchy. The only thing that has stopped me is that my birthday is coming up.

I believe the current models of the Korean 27" monitors are using different PCB's that aren't easily (or at all) overclockable. Reading some posts over at OCN, it's due to cut costs.

This would be great news for people looking to get into the 120hz market for a 27" monitor.

Wow cool if they have a direct link to manufactuer you'd think they'd ask for more than 120hz such as overdrive and no scaler. I mean if we are dreaming abut ultimate IPS for gaming.

I have written letters to NEC to bring out a 24 and 27 WMGX2 with those featrures so far to no avail. They'd sell like hotcakes so I'm not sure their problem.

This OCN thread reminds me of the Gentle Typhoon attempted group buy, also on OCN. Hundreds of posts, weeks of "working with the manufacturer", and then eventually, nothing.

Back