Looks Like the FCC Will Not Vote on Net Neutrality in November

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
FCC Chariman Ajit Pai released a blog post of what the FCC will be voting on next month and the "Restoring Internet Freedom" rule isn't on the list. However, there are several items on the list that appear to be straight forward and shouldn't be too controversial. The bottom line for me is that everything the FCC does isn't bad. I can certainly support combating robocalls and other phone-based spam for one.

We've been energetic in advancing the public interest. For instance, over the past nine months, the Commission has voted on 63 items at our monthly meetings, compared to 103 in the preceding three years. And we've been nimble when needed, taking action within days to extend $77 million in up-front funding to companies eager to rebuild communications networks in Puerto Rico.

They're waiting for the perfect timing where the issue goes largely ignored and then kill it at the point of least resistance.
That's what Christmas is for, to get Americans fat and suicidal enough to not pay attention to what's going on in the government. With cord cutting breaking expectations, you can bet the lobbying money is flowing.

Just need to delay the vote for 3 more years and hopefully at that time have people in place to make the right decision.

This guy is on the list of those that need to go... Just wish the list was in someone else's hands for action. Love to see him fired.

Love to see him fired.

Him and Ryan Zinke! Over a month later with an underwhelming response to Puerto Ricans suffering, and he finally awards a $300 million contract that FEMA has come out against, to one of his hometown buddies that can't even meet the requirements of the job...

Robocalls are super low on my list of things. Why? Because I have a cell phone and if I don't recognize the number, I don't answer the call. If you're a robo call (those are very rare for me), you go in a contact with a silent ringer. I guess if I had a land line I might care more, but I haven't had one of those in almost 15 years.

I actually get about 1 robocall a week. It is easy to tell though as the are all from Ohio. I have an Ohio number but no longer live there so there is no reason for an unknown Ohio number to be calling other than a robocall. I used to add them to a contact set to not ring but they change numbers so often it didn't really help.

I actually get about 1 robocall a week. It is easy to tell though as the are all from Ohio. I have an Ohio number but no longer live there so there is no reason for an unknown Ohio number to be calling other than a robocall. I used to add them to a contact set to not ring but they change numbers so often it didn't really help.

A week? I get 1 or more per day. A couple from other area codes, but most of them are spoofed numbers matching the first 6 digits of my own number. I stopped answering any calls from unknown numbers. Even if you want to do anything about it, if you can even get someone on the phone, as soon as you try and get their info so you can report them, they hang up. I've been on the DNC list since 09 too..... It's too bad all those pesky regulations are making it so hard for business to nag us even more, I'm sure pai will make sure to fix that.

A week? I get 1 or more per day. A couple from other area codes, but most of them are spoofed numbers matching the first 6 digits of my own number. I stopped answering any calls from unknown numbers. Even if you want to do anything about it, if you can even get someone on the phone, as soon as you try and get their info so you can report them, they hang up. I've been on the DNC list since 09 too..... It's too bad all those pesky regulations are making it so hard for business to nag us even more, I'm sure pai will make sure to fix that.

That is crazy, I've had my number for 15ish years too. My Mom's old home phone used to get almost 1 day but since she moved I talked her into not getting a landline.

Back