Looks like the disc drive issue on the Xbox One is growing in number.

Godmachine

[H]F Junkie
http://kotaku.com/reports-of-xbox-one-disc-drive-issues-increase-1470495704

For context this is what's happening :

http://youtu.be/Bu7jHLsW-5s

I first wrote about the issue yesterday morning, and over the past two days, I've received roughly 150 e-mails from people who say their systems were affected. Some sent videos; others just echoed what we've been seeing since the console launched on Friday. Some complained that they'd had to spend hours on the phone waiting for someone from Microsoft customer service to answer.

We have no way of verifying all of these accounts, but here's a slice of what my inbox looks like right now..

On top of that, three different staff at gaming outlets have run into the issue: one from IGN, one from Polygon, and one from GamesRadar. As of today, nobody at Kotaku had received a defective unit.

(I've received about 150 e-mails in two days—for context, last week after the PS4 launch, Stephen asked anyone affected by hardware failure to reach out to him, and he received a few dozen e-mails in two days.)

The good news (quite the effort on turn around) :

When pressed further by Kotaku today, a Microsoft spokesperson added this: "Customers have the option for us to send a replacement console right away without waiting until they have returned their old one. This means a customer only has to wait a matter of days, rather than weeks to get back up and running."

With over a million of both consoles out in customers hands the failure rate on them is going to look bad even if it's only a fraction of a percent of them having issues. It makes for an interesting launch to watch from the outside.

I'll ask a few friends tonight if they have any issues with their Xbox one

Mine is working perfect no issues but I did buy Microsoft's 2 year plan for 69.99 which covers everything including accessories and advanced replacement for 2 years

After the problems that plagued the current systems buying a couple year warranty seems like a smart move

Exactly why I am waiting for a refresh on each console before I consider buying.

Also I would need some incentive... like maybe a game worth purchasing lol.

After the problems that plagued the current systems buying a couple year warranty seems like a smart move

It's the slot load drive in my ps3 that made me buy the warranty $69.99 small price to pay. So now my Xbox one has warranty thru Feb 2017 with advanced replacement that doesn't require a credit card hold and covers everything system/kinect/controller.

If these system didn't have optical drives I wouldn't even bother.

Exactly why I am waiting for a refresh on each console before I consider buying.

Also I would need some incentive... like maybe a game worth purchasing lol.

It took a few years for both systems to have enough games to really justify their existences. I would imagine it will be the same if not faster because they use virtually the same hardware minus one being more powerful than the other. No more having to program to entirely different consoles , make one master and simply downgrade it for the rest.

Jason on Kotaku would run his Vita and PS4 on Wifi, then complain remote play felt too lagy. When people told him the PS4 needs to be wired in, he ignored them and continued to say it doesn't work.

Jason on Kotaku would run his Vita and PS4 on Wifi, then complain remote play felt too lagy. When people told him the PS4 needs to be wired in, he ignored them and continued to say it doesn't work.

Well if the PS4 had dual band Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi direct like another console this wouldnt be an issue.

Remote play worked great for me when tested it but I had the system wired and my wireless network I very good.

doesnt excuse sony for putting a shitty wifi adapter in the PS4. There is such little latency introduced by modern routers that it shouldnt be an issue, period.

If sony is trying to make remote play a selling point it shouldnt require a wired connection when wired is difficult/next-to-impossible to get in every room of your residence, especially those who are renting

Mine has been fine so far. Installed games and watched a Blu-ray movie. The Blu-ray movie was acting up on my PS4 hence having to use the Xbox One.

Funny how the roles have reversed in my household.

Then:
Xbox 360 for Exclusive & Multiplatform Games
PS3 for Exclusive Games & Blu-ray Movies

Now:
Xbox One for Exclusive Games, Digital Media & Blu-ray
PS4 for Exclusive & Multiplatform Games

UPS just picked mine up today... sending it back for full refund. I'll just buy it again when it's revised. I went through 3 Xbox 360 Elite consoles... the first 2 had RROD.. the 3rd was Jasper core and I sold it to get the Xbox 360 Slim which is my 4th Xbox 360. I love that one.

I'm still backlogged with so many games from Steam Sales and PS3/360 games I haven't started. LoL. I can't wait to see what the new Xbox One will look like.

There's your problem: Reading Kotaku.

Was looking at the forums at VG Chartz. One of the users from NZ works for a company that sells consoles. He packages and returns defective consoles to manufacturers. So far they've had quiet a bit more Xbox One failures than PS4. When you think about how many more PS4's have been selling than One, it makes you wonder how high the failure rate really is.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173809&page=1

Not worth it troll.

I think he is trying to say there IS a way it COULD be worth it.

SF8MzIP.gif

Back