Looks like the 3080 is in stock here

Yeah very low prices too!

88C569BF-C92B-46F8-8A1D-E7C0E29D6212.png

Well Ebay supports scalpers is the bottom line as well as other auction places. For freshly released new products with a large demand, only established Ebay retailers that are getting the product directly from the company making them for a fixed period of time, like 2 months or 3 months. This makes Ebay look like a scam place, black market so to speak.

Scalpers only succeed because of limited availability, high demand, and people willing to pay those prices.
If you don't want to pay scalpers prices... don't. But that comes at the cost of being patient. And obviously people generally aren't (hence literally this entire thread).

Well Ebay supports scalpers is the bottom line as well as other auction places.

Ebay supports taking a fee from the transaction that ensues when a buyer pays a scalper. And they've been doing that every day since 1995. They're not the fairness police.

For freshly released new products with a large demand, only established Ebay retailers that are getting the product directly from the company making them for a fixed period of time, like 2 months or 3 months. This makes Ebay look like a scam place, black market so to speak.

Scalping =/= scamming. We may not like scalpers, but if a buyer clicks Buy, and the seller fulfills the presale terms the buyer agreed to (ship item within 30 days or whatever), where was the scam?
If on the other hand a seller ships a buyer a box with nothing in it, or something other than what was advertised, then that's a scam. But that's not what's happening.

Last edited:
You know how you stop scalpers? Have a decent fucking supply when you launch a product. Or don't launch until you have it.

Scalping =/= scamming. We may not like scalpers, but if a buyer clicks Buy, and the seller fulfills the presale terms the buyer agreed to (ship item within 30 days or whatever), where was the scam?

If on the other hand a seller ships a buyer a box with nothing in it, or something other than what was advertised, then that's a scam.
I can't afford pre scalp price much less post, but this is kinda how I see it. They waited in line, or made the deals in the background, or they just work for microcenter... they're charging a fee for their time or connections. That's not entirely unreasonable.

I can't afford pre scalp price much less post, but this is kinda how I see it. They waited in line, or made the deals in the background, or they just work for microcenter... they're charging a fee for their time or connections. That's not entirely unreasonable.

There's a difference between a reasonable markup and straight-up highway robbery.

To be clear I wasn't defending scalping, just pointing out why eBay wouldn't care, and that the people paying scalper prices are willing participants and 50% of the problem.

People need to chill out and take a step back and ask themselves why it's so important to have these GPU's on day one - it's a device designed to kill time playing games.

Fuck FOMO, it's not that important. Thin line separates the "I couldn't get a 3080 on day one" complainers from wailing mothers that couldn't get a Tickle Me Elmo for their annoying kid during the christmas craze '96.

To be clear I wasn't defending scalping, just pointing out why eBay wouldn't care, and that the people paying scalper prices are willing participants and 50% of the problem.

People need to chill out and take a step back and ask themselves why it's so important to have these GPU's on day one - a device designed to kill time playing games.

To hell with FOMO, they're not that important. Thin line separates "I couldn't get a 3080 on day one" crybabies from angry mothers that couldn't get a Tickle Me Elmo for their annoying kid in Xmas '96.

It’s the same mentality that drove people to buy out all the toilet paper when COVID-19 first appeared. They get whipped up into a frenzy and don’t think straight.

It’s the same mentality that drove people to buy out all the toilet paper when COVID-19 first appeared. They get whipped up into a frenzy and don’t think straight.

Similar to toilet paper in that with GPU's we're wiping Jensen's ass for him with our hundred dollar bills.

But with GPU's or consoles or limited edition Barbie dolls it's just straight up FOMO and seeking that dopamine hit from finally scoring something everyone else wants. Because what will you really have when you get the GPU installed? 20 more FPS? Then what? Your life is still just as empty as it was before.

So take a break, wait a few weeks for supplies to catch up, and give some space to those of us that really need and deserve a 3080 a better shot at scoring the new precious right now. Thank you for your sacrifice and god bless.

Last edited:
Similar to toilet paper in that with GPU's we're wiping Jensen's ass for him with our hundred dollar bills.

But with GPU's or consoles or limited edition Barbie dolls it's just straight up FOMO and seeking that dopamine hit from finally scoring something everyone else wants. Because what will you really have when you get the GPU installed? 20 more FPS? Then what? Then you can go slam your penis in a car door.

It’s especially amusing for 2080/2080 Ti owners who got so worked up over it. Now I just sold my 2080 Ti today but then again I didn’t even bother trying for the 3080 because it’s barely a step up from it, especially since my 2080 Ti comfortably runs at 2100 MHz with 1000 MHz OC memory and at 1080p I pretty much max out everything. The only reason I sold it is because I decided to splurge on a $1500 3090 even though I know it’s a waste of money but even with that card I won’t try to get up early to snipe it. Either it’s available or it’s not, I have a gtx1070 equipped laptop I can use in the meantime, there’s no huge rush for me.

But as for Jensen, yeah he’s cucked us all hard.

Back