Looks like steam is hiding another deal - 55.8% off All Half-Life

The deal is okay, I guess. It's tough to say some of those deals are okay when they had orange box for $10 at one point...

Finally got HL 2 Episode 2.

Now I own every single one of these except for portal. When that is 5 dollars or so I will buy it too.

I finished off my collection with Half Life: Source (I'm such a sucker) :p

Finally got HL 2 Episode 2.

Now I own every single one of these except for portal. When that is 5 dollars or so I will buy it too.

you haven't played portal yet? how is this possible. quite possibly the best PC game to come out in the last few years and you still haven't played? you're missing out my friend.

you haven't played portal yet? how is this possible. quite possibly the best PC game to come out in the last few years and you still haven't played? you're missing out my friend.

So true. Speaking along these lines, is Garry's mod worth spending 10 bucks on?

is Garry's mod worth spending 10 bucks on?

I've wondered the same thing but I don't think it's worth 10 bucks. $5 sounds more reasonable to me.

I've wondered the same thing but I don't think it's worth 10 bucks. $5 sounds more reasonable to me.

I think it's worth the $10. The pure number of things you can do with it is amazing.

Looks like they've split TF2 off completely. $20 stand alone and not part of this discount. Its not in any of the bundles except the orange box (where its not discounted).

It does say due to Gordan being the winner of the contest, so I would assume all non gordan freeman games would not be included in the discount. Also this is on the front page of Steam so not sure why it's considered hiding.

they have l4d2 on it, and its not half price off :(

It's not considered from the "half-life" family... since there's no Gordon in it, they wouldn't give you a discount...

Still a good deal if you haven't already gotten the HL series.

Gordon must have gotten 55.8% of the votes. Good deal for late adopters out there!

It does say due to Gordan being the winner of the contest, so I would assume all non gordan freeman games would not be included in the discount. Also this is on the front page of Steam so not sure why it's considered hiding.
The price drop preceeded the advertising.

Either blue shift or opposing force are Gordon free. I thnk he was suppose to have a cameo in one of them, but honestly I never noticed or can't remember. Maybe it was just early hype.

I'm pretty sure you get glances of him in both blue shift and oposing force. Kind of like you see the G man different places in all the Half Life games that feature Gordan.

is there anyone who doesn't own a half-life bundle that came with 12+ games??

is there anyone who doesn't own a half-life bundle that came with 12+ games??

Heh, I bought the HL GOTY edition back in like 1999 or something. It had HL1 and deathmatch and maybe something else. I then lost the CD but still had my jewel case (cd-key was on back of case thank god!). In 2004 I signed up for steam for the first time and entered my now ancient cd-key for HL1. It gave me the platinum HL pack which included everything ever released for HL1 up to that point. Pretty much made me a steam fan in a heartbeat.

Heh, I bought the HL GOTY edition back in like 1999 or something. It had HL1 and deathmatch and maybe something else. I then lost the CD but still had my jewel case (cd-key was on back of case thank god!). In 2004 I signed up for steam for the first time and entered my now ancient cd-key for HL1. It gave me the platinum HL pack which included everything ever released for HL1 up to that point. Pretty much made me a steam fan in a heartbeat.
+1, that's exactly what happened to me.

Opposing Force probably doesn't get a discount because it's not technically a Valve game. You do see Gordon at one point (just before he hops in the portal to Xen) though.

im still very confused as to why they're charging $5 for HL2 Lost Coast... wasn't ATI AND NVIDIA giving it away for free at some point?!

HL2: Deathmatch was a giveaway recently.

yeah ATI and Nvidia also gave that away with Lost Coast. I believe they handed them out to test the abilities of their latest GPU's (at the time) to render HDR (since the only game out that had HDR implemented that anyone knew about was Far Cry)

Opposing force is always $5 correct? I might get HL Source and Blue shift since those two are on sale, and Opposing force i'll wait on since its not on sale

AFAIK, the Lost Coast was just a demo showing HDR capabilities. It's like 1 level...not worth $5.

[UPS] Sorce;1034773643 said:
Opposing Force probably doesn't get a discount because it's not technically a Valve game. You do see Gordon at one point (just before he hops in the portal to Xen) though.
Oddly enough, Blue Shift is discounted, although it was also developed by Gearbox like Opposing Force was.

You could just go to steam and get it IIRC. Maybe I'm mistaken. I might have gotten a code for it from a video card.
If you're running an ATI or nVidia video card, Steam will automatically give it to you for free.

Oddly enough, Blue Shift is discounted, although it was also developed by Gearbox like Opposing Force was.
I think someone else did the distribution of OF. So Valve was completely cut out of any sales benefit from Brick & Mortar sales. So they only acknowledge copies that were sold through their bundles or their online storefront. Something like that.

I think someone else did the distribution of OF. So Valve was completely cut out of any sales benefit from Brick & Mortar sales. So they only acknowledge copies that were sold through their bundles or their online storefront. Something like that.
What would that have to do with them not discounting it during this sale?

http://www.steampowered.com/nvidia/

If you have an Nvidia card... free HL2 DM... Lost Coast, and Peggle Extreme...

And for ATI cards

http://www.steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/

You just need the card for the account, so you can login to an account with the Nvidia card and click that button and the games are linked to that account now, no matter what computer you login with.

Handy if you wanna play some HL2 DM mods with friends but don't wanna pay for that.. :D

What would that have to do with them not discounting it during this sale?

I don't think they have the complete rights to it or something. They could have simply been pissed that OF added multiplayer which was a potential challenge to counterstrike and valves other multiplayer plans. There's some bitterness between Valve and Gearbox from what I understand. But I'm sure I read something about the licensing or something was different between BS and OF and that's why OF is treated like the red headed stepchild.

Back