Looks like Intel is in some hot water!

ASSUMING, it actually is an infringement. It may just be similar technology, not the same thing. So IF it is.... they can throw a few million $ the way of the professor and probably make him happy / shut him up. Win/win, professor wins "a powerball lottery", Intel gets to use his technology.

But if the professor says "NEIN MUTHACRACKAS, J00 NOT USING MAH CRAP"

Then they have to go to the drawing table :D

Ultimately, with the money that Intel has they will just buy the professor and the school off to shut up and go away. So i don't think this will hurt Intel any, maybe a not so bit Christmas party this year but oh well.

Intel has an army of lawyers. I wouldn't worry about it. They'll make this go away.

That's the way it is in big business. Truthfully they'll probably settle out of court on something like this. It might sting Intel a bit if true, but it certainly won't cause them to lose any significant profits.

Well, assuming the C@D do infringe on patents, it's a good thing we all bought them now before Intel has to raise prices to pay for a licensing agreement or hush money:p

I heard that intel actually fired their lawyers and hired the mofia to "make this go away".

lol

I like people who sue 3-4-5-10 years after they knew of a patent "infringement" .That is the definition of a patent troll to me..

Yeah, uh, I don't think Intel is all that worried. Especially since its a school. They'll probably settle out of court for a new computer lab.

Thats how these things always work, its essentially extortion of Intel.

Yes, our super fast CPUs are using archaic micro-architecture that Intel stole a decade ago.

This says it all:

article said:
Gurindar Sohi presented some of his developments relating to instruction level parallelism to Intel and offered to license them, but got nowhere

Who the hell is this guy kidding???? You don't just challenge Intel in a legal battle. The fool will get squashed like a sledgehammer to an IHS.

I should just like. Patent using a square for the shape of a processor. That way I can make AMD and Intel pay me to go away. Or maybe we can get cooler shaped processors? lol.

Yeah, uh, I don't think Intel is all that worried. Especially since its a school. They'll probably settle out of court for a new computer lab.

Thats how these things always work, its essentially extortion of Intel.

yeah a computer lab filled with core 2 duo computers :p

It'll get settled out of court. Intel does this pretty frequently. They have enough lawyers and money to do pretty much whatever they feel like. :)

:p Meh who cares? The Processor rocks, and I have one. I couldnt care less who designed the damn thing, or who stole the idea. As long as I have it im happy

I'd like to see a match between Intel and ExxonMobil. I know they are in totally different industry. I just like to see Intel loose in court for once. :D

I'd like to see a match between Intel and ExxonMobil. I know they are in totally different industry. I just like to see Intel loose in court for once. :D

From what i recall,

ExxonValdez = Plaintiffs 1, Exxon 0
AMD Suit = INTEL 1, AMD 0

;)

Luder[PAK9];1032032262 said:
Well, assuming the C@D do infringe on patents, it's a good thing we all bought them now before Intel has to raise prices to pay for a licensing agreement or hush money:p

completely agreed.

but i am also glad that i have already bought one before now b/c its the best you can get :D

From what i recall,

ExxonValdez = Plaintiffs 1, Exxon 0
AMD Suit = INTEL 1, AMD 0

;)

Ohh, I forgot about that. Guess that means even Exxon which has far more billions than Intel can loose in court. So the professor still have a chance against Intel which I supposed is far less powerful than the big oil.

That Core2Duo we have? Yah - better than AMD still!

:p sorry it was too easy, I had to take it, I really apologize.

Don't apologize. If you look at his post history he's some AMD fanboy, and this thread was a troll attempt.

I like how most people are posting... so what, Intel has enough power to 'make this go away' I hope these are not the same people going 'copyright infringement' aka downloading pirated games and movies is STEALING! LMAO if you are, and if you are is not hypocritical to be against pirating but 'ok' with patent infringement.

If Intel did in fact infringe on this technology, do they not deserve to be punished? or are corporations above the law? fascism anyone?

I like how most people are posting... so what, Intel has enough power to 'make this go away' I hope these are not the same people going 'copyright infringement' aka downloading pirated games and movies is STEALING! LMAO if you are, and if you are is not hypocritical to be against pirating but 'ok' with patent infringement.

If Intel did in fact infringe on this technology, do they not deserve to be punished? or are corporations above the law? fascism anyone?

how long has Core 2 Duo been out? And Wisconsin is making a huge deal out of it NOW?

They're just bitter the Packers lost, I guess.

how long has Core 2 Duo been out? And Wisconsin is making a huge deal out of it NOW?

They're just bitter the Packers lost, I guess.

patent infringement does not have a self life, sorry :(

RIAA: this kid downloaded x music 4 years ago
KID: how long ago did I just download it and now it is a huge deal?
RIAA: see you in court ;)

Firstly, Fascism has nothing to do with what is being discussed here. If you disagree, you may want to pop in a couple Google searches or visit Wikipedia and let us know what you believe constitutes Fascism in this instance.

Now, one thing you must realize is that most of the time these patent infringement suits are just a way to get a quick out of court settlement out of a big company. If you actually look into how many of these suits go to court and are found in favor of the suing party, you'll find its an extremely tiny number. The most common result, should it go to court, is that the patent is declared invalid. And as a side note, patent infringement DOES have a "shelf life". In the US it is often 20 years, often times less, depending on what is being patented. That's assuming, again, that the patent isn't invalid to begin with.

Back