Looking to upgrade to a GPU that can deliver a consistent 100FPS @ 2560x1440 and medium quality settings

viivo

[H]ard|Gawd
I knew when I bought a 5700 XT that it's a 60FPS and/or FreeSync GPU, so it's not surprising or disappointing that it has trouble maintaining 100FPS at 2560x1440 in some games.

Since I cannot use FreeSync due to intolerable flickering I must upgrade to something with a little more power. Would a 2070/2080 Super be a good buy and worthy upgrade at this point? Well, a 2070S anyway since 2080S prices are in stupid mode and don't look to improve any time soon.

I'm not sure why you have to ask here when all you have to do is simply look at one of the crap tons of reviews. Literally a few seconds of research would show you that the 2070 Super is only about 10% faster than a 5700 XT.

I knew when I bought a 5700 XT that it's a 60FPS and/or FreeSync GPU, so it's not surprising or disappointing that it has trouble maintaining 100FPS at 2560x1440 in some games.

Since I cannot use FreeSync due to intolerable flickering I must upgrade to something with a little more power. Would a 2070/2080 Super be a good buy and worthy upgrade at this point? Well, a 2070S anyway since 2080S prices are in stupid mode and don't look to improve any time soon.

You would get a bit more performance but are you sure your monitor is working well? There should be no flickering problem with freesync.

You would get a bit more performance but are you sure your monitor is working well? There should be no flickering problem with freesync.
I second this, I've personally seen this a couple times once was a off brand Korean monitor the other was my Omen 32 inch that needed to be sent back under warranty.

Been using FreeSync for almost 2 years. Have never experienced any flickering in any game.

Back