Looking to see if anyone else has any suggestions for my next mobo

badz24

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, I am looking to upgrade from my current X58 motherboard to something with a few more options. I run crossfire with two 4870's that take up both of my PCI express x16 slots, I now have a LSISAS3442E-R SAS controller card that I need to add along with a Bigfoot Networks Xeno PCI expressx1 network card.

I need the following features in the motherboard

- three or more PCI expressx16 slots (two x16 and one x8, they also need to be spaced in a way that two dual slot video cards will fit along with the SAS controller card and the network card)

- I have to have atleast 8 SATA ports (more would be nice also, but I have all ports filled on my current board)

- 6 ram slots

- Great overclockablity

- A Cmos reset button or switch on the back I/O panel

I was considering the Classified but would like to see if anyone else has any other suggestions that will fit what im looking for. Most of the motherboards I looked at covered up needed slots when running two dual slot video cards or they dont have enough SATA ports

My current setup
Cooler Master Sniper Case
Intel 920 i7 CPU
6 gigs of Cruicial Ballistix Ram
Gigibyte GA-EX58-UD3R
Two Seagate 1TB ES.2 Hard drives
Hatachi 1TB HD
Seagate 1.5tb HD
Seagate .10 750gb HD
RapterX
(1.5 and 750, and RapterXare in Icydock MB673SPF-B Internal enclosure)
Two Saphire 4870's in Crossfire
Noctua NH-U12P 1366 special edition
Two Samsung Sata DVD burners
Cooler Master UCP 1100 watt power supply

Adding
Bigfoot Networks Killer Xeno Pro PCI express x1 network card
LSISAS3442E-R SAS controller card
Seagate Savvio 15K.2 (146GB)
Seagate Savvio 10K.2 (300GB)
Seagate Constellation (500GB)

Based on everything you said, I was going to recommend the Gigabyte EX58-UD5.

However, in terms of the spacing of PCI-E slots, I think the EVGA Classified has the best layout.

well i ordered the non n200 version of the classified I hope I dont regret it! $400 is a lot of money for a motherboard

i thought the p6t was proved to fit 3 dual slot cards in sli. that means it should work for him right?

I wanted to go Asus, but I couldnt find one that also had 8 or more Sata ports

Back