Looking to get new air cooler for OC

Ballz2TheWallz said:
oh but the XP-90C beats everything, i though ninja was the best?

:rolleyes: look at the fan they are using with the xp90C. a Tornado. put a 120x38mm fan on the Ninja, even this on it, and it will out perform the xp90C.

coolkishan said:
You right..... but Si-120 aint that bad is it?

its a good hsf, but like all Thermalright HSF's, barring the xp90C, the base is warped, but it varies from HSF to HSF. They usually needs lapping to do the best, but some dont. they are all good HSF's, but if it were my choice, id vote for a Scythe Ninja, cause it would benifit me more with my case layout.

can anyone reccomend me a HSF thats not gonna require me to take my motherboard off the tray to install? it was hard enough lineing the bitch up the first time, and im topping at 2.4ghz 54C load

The hsf that came with your cpu :D but if you already have the mb backing plate installed (most newer boards do have one) you shouldn't have to pull the mobo to install any of the big hsf's.

I vote for the Ninja, as it's the only newer hsf that I have experience with other than the Freezer64 which is just not up to the job of cooling an oc'd A64, but it's damn quiet though.

Ballz2TheWallz said:
can anyone reccomend me a HSF thats not gonna require me to take my motherboard off the tray to install? it was hard enough lineing the bitch up the first time, and im topping at 2.4ghz 54C load

The Typhoon can use the stock AMD64 backplate....Zalman 7000/7700 series WILL NOT....not sure about the other big coolers....

well i used the original a64 s939 backplate for my 7000b-CU and it gets the same temps as those who did not.

edit: i can go 2.8 1.5 vcore @ 48 C load

Render said:
well i used the original a64 s939 backplate for my 7000b-CU and it gets the same temps as those who did not.

edit: i can go 2.8 1.5 vcore @ 48 C load

Well...maybe the 7000 does....the 7700 will not use the stock AMD backplate because it has different size threads for the bolts/screws that attach everything from the front....stupid of Zalman to do that.....

Ballz2TheWallz said:

Most of the aftermarket coolers are going to require you to remove the motherboard for installation. Theres just no getting around it for most HSF combos.

ypu still can't beat the quality put out by Swiftech.

i' feeling a punch to the throat.........

pairdice said:
ypu still can't beat the quality put out by Swiftech.

i' feeling a punch to the throat.........

nah, cause swiftech makes some good stuff. the throat punches will be emitted if someone is like TT SUCKS! or Swiftech likes men!

Ballz2TheWallz said:
freezer 64 ;)

N H O said:
freezer 64 ;)

and freezer 64 pro. not too many HSF's can be used without replacing it, if you get an xp120/scythe ninja type clipping HSF, then you just install the new top mounting backet and you dont hafta ever worry about it.

Constanople said:
10 bux for shipping even makes the baby jesus cry

Sometimes the lowest price don't mean anything after they tag you in the ass with profitable (for them) shipping. Happens all the time, on Ebay you get a deal on something like a hard drive or what not, and they hit you for 10-15 in freight....they make the money somewhere...

*bends over and grabs ankles*

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
TT SUCKS! or Swiftech likes men!

lmao :D

The freezer64 with stock fan just didnt cut it. So I removed the fan/bracket and strapped a nice beefy 120mm to it. It still sucks.

Back