Looking to get a RTX 2080 Super - which would be best...?

vorpel

Limp Gawd
Looking to upgrade from my GTX 980 to do better 4k gaming (currently using a Samsung 4K 48" JS9000)

Amazon has a couple cards that are looking to be in stock shortly:

Gigabyte GV-N208SGAMING
Zotac ZT-T20820D-10P

It's been a while since I've gotten a new video card and I'm looking forward to playing more. I know the RTX 2080 Ti would be the best to get, but I think the 2080 Super is probably the better choice for me right now given the large difference in cost (eventually it will go to my son and I'll upgrade again).

Is there a better/best RTX 2080 Super card to get, or are they all about the same right now? Not looking for a water cooled card at this time.

Thanks guys/gals!

edited; syntax, clarity

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It comes down to brand preference. I like EVGA since their warranty and customer service have been great to me and others in the past.

i wonder if 5800/5900 xt will emerge soon. it might get nividia to drop some price or have similar performance.

Either one should serve you just fine. Personally I like MSI video cards, since I have MSI motherboards as well. Ausus has gone downhill with quality and service so stay from them.

i wonder if 5800/5900 xt will emerge soon. it might get nividia to drop some price or have similar performance.
I wouldn't count on this. There isn't really anything credible to suggest that AMD has anything coming in the near future at all.

Regarding the original question, it's pretty much up to whatever your brand preferences are. I like MSI, Gigabyte and EVGA, in that order. I'd take the Gigabyte one between the two that the OP listed.

Back