Looking To Buy My 1st MacBook Pro

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
I'm a Linux guy so I've never had a need or requirement for an Apple Macbook but I've been really trying to learn how to record my drums using a DAW software for recording. So my question is trying to find the best / cheapest way to find a Macbook. I know they're expensive when compared to PC laptops but I wanted to ask if there are sites or vendors who sell Macbook's at reasonable deal prices?

Thanks dude. I will check out that distro. Generally I need something that supports my StudioOne DAW software.

wait for the new 2012 mbp's to come out and pic up a nice 2011 for cheap, as you know apple fans want the latest and greatest, which means a flooding on the used market

loving my early 2011 mbp

Apple refurbs are tops, top quality and like new. They also carry a new serial number and warranty so you are covered in that area.

Second IMO is amazon warehouse deals. These are basically open box items that carry a steep discount, this is where I got mine.

One thing to keep in mind: the ilife suite of applications (iPhoto, iMovie and garageband) are tied to the SN of the laptop until someone signs into a new computer with their apple ID. Then the ownership of those apps are tied to that apple ID and not the computer. If you want those apps and you are buying an open box or used machine that should come with those apps you will have a several day hassle in contacting apple support to get those apps transferred to your apple ID. They will do it, it is just a hassle because they have no structured way to do this so you will be bounced around to different help lines. This is where the apple refurbs that carry a new SN have a bit of an advantage, you don't have this problem buying from apple direct.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1224880

Buy refurbished or wait till the refresh, as mentioned.

Also, it may be wise to look into offers by your school or place of employment. School bookstores often have good deals on Macs.

Any idea when the new 2012 units launch? Sorry I'm not up to my Apple release schedule and found multiple dates online when I searched.

Back