Looking to buy a P45 chipset intel 775 board

Mad Lion

Weaksauce
This is going to sound silly, but my Q6600 on my P35 board has hit a limit. I know this chip can OC higher, but the board just will not handle more than 1333 bus reliably. I have 1066 ram.

I just got Metro 2033 for free, and while I can play it on my 5850 (oc'd to 5870 clocks), it needs more CPU power.

I have a 212+ on the CPU with two fans, so I think I'd like to try a new mobo to see if I can get this system where it needs to be.

I don't have lots of money to blow on an old-tech mobo, but I figured I'd throw the request out there. Something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128358 would be ideal.

Peace!

You are going to pay top dollar for those boards. They are extremely popular becuase of their Hackintosh compatibility. Expect to pay $100+

You might be able to get a lower end or older P45 Gigabyte board for less. I got one for $40 locally.

hey timta i have a ep45 ud3r. still havent figured out hackintosh. but prolly going change mobo soon. then sell this.

Trust me the q6600 is not worth overclocking much past 3.2... If you got to 3.2.. why spend money on legacy stuff just for an extra few hundred Mhz that means nothing in real life performance?

You would be better off investing in a lga1155 board and a cheap dual core sandy or ivy for now. Then you can easily upgrade to a nice quad later :) and DDR3 ram is chaep cheap cheap.

I've got Q9550 and Asus P5Q Pro with G.Skill 8GB. It used to be my wife's old rig.

Back