Looking to build a nice budget pc based around the new amd APUs

Hey, i'm looking to build a new budget pc with a trinity apu, can someone refer me to the stickies for building new systems?

It's the sticky titled "ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST!". Answer those questions.

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? Web browsing and light gaming.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? $700-$800, yes tax and shipping are included.
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible. U.S. Naples, FL
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need. Cpu, video card, mobo, case, psu, hdd, k/m, and no ram cuz i have some left over from my last build.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model. Just 8gb g. Skill ares ram at 1600mhz.
6) Will you be overclocking? Probably not, but maybe my video card a little bit.
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it? 1280x768 i think, but i want to hook this up to a large screen 1080p tv.
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Sometime within the month to the beginning of november.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc. uefi bios, dont need sata 6g because i'm not using an ssd. Usb 3.0 int. Headers.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit? No.

Ok, considering your mid-range budget and the fact that you plan on gaming at 1920x1080, I see no reason for you to go the AMD Trinity route at all. You can actually get a significantly faster Intel setup with your budget:
$297 - Intel Core i5 3470 CPU + MSI Z77A-G43 Intel Z77 ATX Motherboard Combo
$230 - eVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2662-KR GeForce GTX 660 2GB PCI-E Video Card
$70 - Western Digital WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
$57 - Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W PSU
$50 - NZXT Source 210 Elite White with Black Front Trim ATX Case
---
Total: $704 shipped.

An AMD Trinity build only makes sense if you meet all of the following factors:
1) You're never going to add a dedicated GPU as the second you do, you've effectively negated the AMD's Trinity APU's sole advantage: its fast integrated graphics. The CPU portion is still woefully slower than many Intel CPUs out there.
2) You're only gaming at 1280x768
3) You don't care about the higher power usage and heat generation of the AMD APUs compared to Intel CPUs
4) You really love AMD.
5) There's a special sale where the AMD Trinity APUS would cost less than a cheap Intel Pentium CPU + cheap dedicated graphics like the HD 6670 or HD 7750.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back