Looking into buying a new mouse (gaming mouse)

It's up between either a nice Razer one (probably the Diamondback with blue LEDs), or the Logitech MX518. I'm using a Microsoft Intellimouse right now and I love it, but they don't make the model anymore. Does the Diamondback have side buttons that can be used to go back and forth on internet sites like the intellimouse? I know the MX518 has those thumb buttons you can use, but I like the ambidestrous design of the diamondback. Anyone who has used both of them please comment on which you preferred.

Just saw the G5 on newegg and that is now a possibility, has a higher DPI than the mx518 so that would be instead of the 518.

The Razor's left and right buttons are way too sensitive... if you rest your fingers on then they click. The logitec wont do that.

he's right about the 518 - i have two of them and wouldn't accept anything less.

JRPereira said:
he's right about the 518 - i have two of them and wouldn't accept anything less.

So, now that that is taken care of, how is the G5 compared to the MX518?

I also heard the diamondback is narrow, and my hands are moderately big.

From my last post comparing the two...

Basically, ignore any comments from someone who has not used an MX518 and a Diamondback for multiple hours in the same day over a period of weeks. Initial impressions on both mice are VERY wrong compared to long-term impressions!

ATIIsBetter said:
The Razor's left and right buttons are way too sensitive... if you rest your fingers on then they click. The logitec wont do that.

QFT

It really is a tough decision between the two though because both brands are very popular. I tried both and prefer the mx518 over the diamondback but it really depends on you and your hand and/or style. The best thing to do would be to take each one for a test drive if you have a Best Buy available because they carry both of them.

Also, the G5 doesn't have a forward thumb button. A big negative in my book so I'll be keeping my mx518 for awhile longer. :)

When I went mouse shopping at BB, I hated the Diamondback. I have fairly big hands, and the Razer just didn't feel right. Felt like my pinky was hanging in midair. Of course, I probably wasn't holding it correctly, but I prefer Logi's ergonomics.

Didn't mess with them enough to see how well both track, but the MX518 I bought is excellent after spending an hour or two to adjust to it.

if your looking for tracking accuracy Diamondback pwns the 518

but if your looking for functionality and good erganomics 518 works better

I got the Mx700... it's the best I've ever used and works well for me. I used to use a Mx-310 I think before I went wireless and it was good, and before that it was IBM optical mouse. I don't think mouse matters a whole lot, I have sensitivity way up so I never have to lift it anyway, only have to mouse the mouse about 2 cm for the cursor to go across the screen. I see nothing wrong with wireless, now I can't stand using a wired mouse because the cord drags and doesn't feel right. There you have it, my life story...

How much smaller (if so) is the diamondback compared to an intellimouse?

by intellimouse, i mean
intellimouseopticalnewenviro2u.jpg

that version.

I love my mx518, personally. It is roughly the same size as that intellimouse, although the exact proportions are a bit different (it is longer and skinnier).

i am currently using the mx700... its very responsive and has a nice feel to it... i used to use the intellimouse from above.. and still do for my laptop... i CAD and game and the mx700 does both flawlessly...

I went from that same intellimouse to a Razer copperhead. One of the big reasons was shape, I don't like the way the logitech mouse forces your hand at an angle. The razer is a pretty easy transition from the intellimouse. The sensitivity and overall shape take some getting used to though. I wouldn't say either the logitech or the razer mice have ideal ergonomics though.

i love my mx518 mainly because of the "on the fly" sensitivity buttons. i love how i can push the up button on it once for when i play bf2, then when i wanna do anything else i just push it down again for normal use!

Hmm, I may just flip a series of coins or something over this since both sides are roughly even. I wish Staples would carry more mice though, all they had was the MX1000 and that was $80 and out of my range. Circuit City would be too much of a drive with these gas prices too :(

RAZER... It may take a bit to get use to it but being able to click the mouse button from any where on the button is great. I had to learn to hold my mouse completely different coming from a mx510. I also suggest turning off every piece of mouse accel with the razer... its extremely accurate and sensitive.

I am a junky so I may get a 518 for the hell of.

Back