Looking for user overclock trials and specs.

Fire488

Limp Gawd
I am not looking for the easy way out here by any means at all. I am just looking for advice from the experts and apparently according to many, many sources [H]ard|Forum is the best.;)

I have been tinkering with my system since 2008 and I have added many new pieces of hardware since.
I currently have:
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
ASUS Striker2 Formula
Intel E6850 Core 2
Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF RAM (4-2gb sticks)
PNY GTX-260 Video Card. (newest version)

I have been tinkering with all of these components in the unlinked mode to try ffor the best individual overclocks they could achieve. I cannot seem to pin a good overclock down.
If anyone here has these components and has found a stable overclock I would love to try it and post my findings.
In the past I used graysky's great overclocking tutorial and it really gave me the basic knowledge needed to really get in trouble (just kidding).

Whatever info provided will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I haven't messed with nForce overclocking too much but from what I have heard (and this info may be out of date at this point) is that un-linked mode isnt as stable and you should avoid using it if possible.

Otherwise, follow any other core2duo overclocking guide, and remember once you get close to your limits and are fine tuning only change ONE thing at a time!

Thank you for the response. i have tried all the Core2 overclock guides and the best i can achieve is about 3.8ghz at 1.45v. It ran Prime95 for about 20 hours with no crash.

I have not tried the RAM except to up the volts to 2.1 and change timings from 5-5-5-15 to 4-4-4-12. I have not noticed any differences at all.

I will probably set the the Core2 to run at 3.6 ghz for a stable setting at 1.375 v.
Not sure about the RAM or video card yet though.

Sounds like you have it nailed down pretty good then
emthup.gif

Back