Looking for the BEST PSU to replace AX1200

There is something better? The AX1200 is a great PSU and more than enough to handle the specs in your sig with plenty of OCing room.

Well when it fails and I need to replace it...what am I to do?

According to your system specs AX1200 is already overkill... If it dies get a cheap 700W and unplug a GTX 580 for the ~5 days it takes Corsair to send you a replacement.

Seeing as you don't need 1200W I'd go with the seasonic 1000w plat - all the reviews drool over it. If you want 1200 I'd go with the antec hcp-1200, slightly better than the ax1200. Why not worry about it when it happens though?

Think this guy is trying to be clever and troll us. Indirectly brag about his ax1200.

I have a ax850 and I love it. Was expensive but seems to be a great investment so far.

Other than the AX1200, I would reccomend the HCP 1200, the Seasonic Platinum 1000, or another AX1200. Seriously Corsair is an awesome company and their RMA service is one of the best. I don't see why you would want to change one of the best 1200 watt power supplies out there.

Get it replaced under Corsair's 7 year PSU warranty and ridiculously good customer service maybe? It's one of the best couple of PSUs on the market, and your sig rig could likely run on 850-1000w PSU no problemo, so it's already overkill.

Back