Looking for the best but not overkill AMD FM2+ Mobo

lankyman

n00b
Hi,

Now that i have my X4 860K cpu , i am looking for a decent MSI FM2+ motherboard

Any suggestions

Why MSI?

What form factor are you after any particular features you need or want?

ATX FM2+ - that is all i believe is my requirement.
I would like USB 3 i guess and decent sound i guess, i have a X-Fi card thats about it;

I hear you all and appreciate the opinion and suggestions!
I wish to know why you choose gigabyte?
in my older range of board for the K7 cpus , i had a MSI K7N2 and some ASUS K7 something and the MSI was miles better. the Ram was running at 400 mhz with 2 sticks and the Asus was only supporting 333 , so stupid.
Then i was planning to buy the whole FM2 and A10 cpus for price and budget.
Then i veered off to AM3 BUT i have decided based on my last posting here , under AMD CPU's , to go for FM2+ because it is newer technology and i found the right CPU.
Agg too much too talk about and might change my mind.
Anyways i bought my CPU and now i just the board.
I will get RAM also from a friend BUT i think it is regular 1333 or something , i will look at upgrading that at a later stage.like to a 1888 or whatever the NEAR FAST Is.
So After all my researching and stuff i really though the A88X is the way to go , but with MSI.
I just love MSI , but i mean I am now using a K8 Gigabyte board which my friend gave me , with a 939 X2 4400+ and it is a great board and stuff i have to say that. Only issue I only recently noticed is that y OCZ ram DDR400 is not running at 400, it says 333 in the bios, i dont know why.

Anyways, waiting for comments, thanks

in my older range of board for the K7 cpus , i had a MSI K7N2 and some ASUS K7 something and the MSI was miles better. the Ram was running at 400 mhz with 2 sticks and the Asus was only supporting 333 , so stupid.
Then i veered off to AM3 BUT i have decided based on my last posting here , under AMD CPU's , to go for FM2+ because it is newer technology and i found the right CPU.
I will get RAM also from a friend BUT i think it is regular 1333 or something , i will look at upgrading that at a later stage.like to a 1888 or whatever the NEAR FAST Is.
So After all my researching and stuff i really though the A88X is the way to go , but with MSI.
I just love MSI , but i mean I am now using a K8 Gigabyte board which my friend gave me , with a 939 X2 4400+ and it is a great board and stuff i have to say that. Only issue I only recently noticed is that y OCZ ram DDR400 is not running at 400, it says 333 in the bios, i dont know why.

I chose Gigabyte for the same reason as you personal experience, I've had and built a few Pc's with various motherboards and I've just had better luck/outcomes with Gigabyte boards and Asus would be my second choice.

Doesn't the X4 860K support 2133mhz ram? so if you do upgrade the ram or have to buy it i'd be looking at 2133mhz

After having a quick look i'd go for either http://www.msi.com/product/motherboard/A88XM-E45.html or if you wanted Mitx this one http://www.msi.com/product/motherboard/A88XI-AC-V2.html

I have used gigabyte for every moyjrtnoard in every build I have done since the Athlon X2 days. It started as a good deal purchase. Since then I have honestly never had any Motherboard die on me ever. I absolutely love the current motherboard I have, and before this board I had a cheap 970fx board that was 65 USD and OC'd the FX 6350 I had with it and a cheap evo II in pushpull to 4.6ghz . I've become a fan I guess due to the bang/buck they offer on their cheap stuff, and the qualdity across the board. The Motherboard I have niw is the firsy real performance overclocking board I have bought in years. It's not only gorgeous, but the quality is still there (and then some) and scales well with the extra $$ spent.

As far as the ram, I would just 1333 or 1600. You will not be able to notice any difference with gaming since if I remember correctly You are getting the 750 ti.

Hi,

So this is the motherboard i am able to get (MSI+AMD+A88X-G43) and the Micro ATX one you mentioned above:
I still dont really understand the purpose of a micro atx and full atx , despite the form factor .
I just think getting a full board is better.

www.pricecheck.co.za/offers/59768350/MSI+AMD+A88X-G43+Motherboard
www.rebeltech.co.za
www.take2.co.za
www.cyberrange.co.za/
www.prophecy.co.za
www.computersonly.co.za/
www.wootware.co.za/

And do i really need this > A88X-G45GAMING ? i dont think so , i am not a hard core gamer.
I only want to do a bit of movies mp3s and maybe some encoding and a bit of gaming.

Hi,

So this is the motherboard i am able to get (MSI+AMD+A88X-G43) and the Micro ATX one you mentioned above:
I still dont really understand the purpose of a micro atx and full atx , despite the form factor .
I just think getting a full board is better.

www.pricecheck.co.za/offers/59768350/MSI+AMD+A88X-G43+Motherboard
www.rebeltech.co.za
www.take2.co.za
www.cyberrange.co.za/
www.prophecy.co.za
www.computersonly.co.za/
www.wootware.co.za/

And do i really need this > A88X-G45GAMING ? i dont think so , i am not a hard core gamer.
I only want to do a bit of movies mp3s and maybe some encoding and a bit of gaming.

The A88X-G43 looks like a good board, the G45 gaming has a better sound and network card built in and would be better for overclocking other then that their the same boards, I would just go for the G43

The G43 will be fine. Definitely not overkill.

I've owned every A88x M-ATX board on the market. My go to one's are MSI and Gigabyte for the FM2+ systems.

The G43 will be fine. Definitely not overkill.

I've owned every A88x M-ATX board on the market. My go to one's are MSI and Gigabyte for the FM2+ systems.

Great thanks i went and bought the MSI+AMD+A88X-G43 so it should be good.
I see it supports 2100 speed ram which seems to "sound" fast compared to my DDR 400 Ram

Back