Looking for the best 27" under $500...

Ok, so I'm pretty blown away after first testing this monitor. Initial reactions were thinking, yea, it's big and resolution is the same. But, damn... the silky smooth picture is great! Yes, I can see see my reflection on super dark screens sometimes... but like you said, the AG coating on the Dell must have been horrible (plus I'm already used to a glossy screen).

Anyways, FinalJenemba, you don't recall making a perfect 'Custom' setting do you? Can't seem to find one that I'm happy with yet. Between Movie, Gaming, Photo, and Text, I still want to adjust a little...

KWYFR.jpg

:D Yea! Thanks guys... Don't mind the lack of vacuuming or the fact that I still haven't removed the coating on the monitor... :)

Nice setup Syxx676.. Been reading over this thread for a bit and others.. I'm pretty much in the same spot.. I was thinking on getting the Asus VE278Q because I like the fact its 27inchs.. But I was also looking at the U2412M.. I play BF3, WoW and soon the new Star Wars MMO so I'm not 100% sure if IPS is the way to go.. From what I read in the other thread its not so bad.. And as much as I would love the 27inch 120hz monitors they are to much money.. 23 inch 120hz ones seem to small.. So it does not leave me with a ton of options.. Both monitors are pretty much the same in price with he sale at dell.ca..

Thanks Canuk75... wish I could help you with that decision. I would go for the bigger screen personally. If you get the U2412M, you may end up thinking to yourself... 'man, I wish this were bigger'. But, that's just me...

Back