Looking for technical support personnel for a CLEC in the Phila. area

criccio

Fully Equipped
I hope you all don't mind, but as of late we're struggling to find competent technicians and I thought [H] might be able to help. If you're interested, PM me or just reply to the address in the ad.

NetCarrier Telecom is a leading regional telecommunications provider that offers voice & data solutions to small and medium sized businesses. We are currently seeking candidates to fill several entry-level technical support positions in our call center in Lansdale, PA. We offer both full and part-time positions with advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and full benefits.

Job Duties

• Fielding calls and email correspondence from customers, agent and vendors.
• Working co-operatively with agents and vendors to reach customer satisfaction.
• Troubleshooting voice and data issues.
• Creating trouble tickets and keeping detailed records.

Qualifications

• Positive attitude and a willingness to learn. Must enjoy assisting customers with resolutions to voice/data issues.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must. Customer service experience is preferred.
• Ability to multitask and operate effectively in a fast paced environment.
• Basic understanding of networking fundamentals and routing principles.
• Experience with troubleshooting and configuring internet based applications such as email clients, web browsers, and FTP clients are a plus.
• Proficiency in multiple versions of the Windows operating system required. A working knowledge of Macintosh and Linux operating systems are highly desirable as well.
• A+, Network+, Security+, CCENT/CCNA are a big plus. Experience with Cisco IOS on the command line level also highly desirable.
• Attention to detail is required.

The perfect candidate would have experience in the telecommunications industry and customer service.
All candidates must be available during the day 3-5 days per week for your first 4-6 weeks for introduction training.
Salaries start at $13 - $16 per hour.
If you would like to be part of our growing team, please submit your résumé to the email address below.
[email protected]

The job is billed as an entry level helpdesk position, however being that we're a small CLEC, our techs are responsible for quite a bit more then say a Verizon or Comcast level 1 technician. This company is also huge with hiring from within; most of our engineers and NOC techs came from the call center.

our techs are responsible for quite a bit more then say a Verizon or Comcast level 1 technician

Salaries start at $13 - $16 per hour

In my area, non-union, ComTech 1 got $15 starting, when I left Comcast as a Tech, I was level 3, making $22 an hour. So, this may be problem #3.

The perfect candidate would have experience in the telecommunications industry and customer service.

Telcom training for Comcast tech isnt until they hit ComTech 3. So I think your salary range is a little out of wack.

If you fix the salary range a little, than I might actually be interested myself.

If the entry level position was truly entry level, rather than entry level with 'more responsibilities', than that pay scale would be adequate. But I don't think it's fair to pay someone entry level wage but expect them to have more knowledge and responsibility, if that is the case.

I can respect hiring from within though, and moving techs up the ladder. Just because you start your career answering phones doesn't mean that you don't know what you're doing.

I guess a little clarification is on order. The position we are hiring for is indeed entry level, however you will be taught quite a lot in your time here. We're not expecting new hires to know anything about T1 signaling and hosted PBX configuration; that will all come in time and your pay will increase as you show you've learned and are putting it to use.

I'll be happy to answer any more questions and clarify anything you are curious about.

Back