Looking for someway to output full screen video to televion

loafer87gt

Limp Gawd
I am having some problems with my new machine getting it to output full screen video to my television. My video card is an eVGA 8800GTX, and apparently for some reason Nvidia has removed the full screen TV out capabilities wit their newer hardware. I can output my desktop to my television, but there is no longer any way to playback movies on my secondary display. On all my older Nvidia cards there was an option to enable VMR (video mixing renderer), and then windows would automatically scale my television screen to the resolution of the video file and playback went without a hitch. After months of monkeying around with my GTX, I have come to the conclusion that this just isn't possible. I have tried every driver from the CD release version to the 160.03 betas, I have tried the old control panel hack only to find the VMR option not there, and I have used nvTweak to force the option to appear only to find it doesn't appear to do anything.

I am running my primary display (Dell 2405) through the analogue DSub, and am trying to run my television through SVideo. Like I say, my desktop appears on my TV and I can scroll around the screen, but there doesn't seem to be any option to force full screen video on my secondary display anymore.

Anywhoo - I have wasted enough time trying to do this, and am just wondering if there is some sort of addin card of device that would let me watch movies and such on TV again. Right now I have to have a second computer connected to my TV just because my new "next gen" build seems unable to do so.

I have the same problem with a 7600gt. No video playback through the s-video (text and graphics are fine, but no DVD, internet video or anything else.) With the component at 480p it works but many other problems persist. TV out was an important part for this rig. :(
I wish I'd got another x1900.

Get a cheap PCI card with S-Video - I'm sure you can still get Radeon 9250's. Not sure about the GeForce 6200, as my FX5200 didn't play nice with my widescreen telly (treated it as a 4:3 display no matter what I tried) whilst my 9700 Pro had no problems with it.

Back