Looking for someone with soldering/laptop repair experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

klepp0906

Gawd
not sure where to put this, or if this is an okay place so pre-apologies if not.

I have a laptop that is a couple years old with an 3xxx i7 in it. Im not ready to toss it out as it was working perfectly fine until one day it just turned off.

Every time i got it to turn back on (by removing battery and purging residiual power) it would turn on, then within a minute turn back off.

Ive tried to run it without a battery, ive tested the power brick and its pulling the proper amperage.

After all my research its one of two things. The connection from the power in jack is broken (not out of the question - my kid likes to tug on it before i can catch her) or (the more likely) the charging circuit is borked.

Ive read that people basically desolder the bad part and solder on a new one but its well outside of my realm of expertise. I'm miserable with soldering.

Consider this a feeler for someone who is capable with the know how to fix her up for me.

I have heatware and will pay via paypal, I'll cover shipping both ways and I'll obviously pay you whatever you think its worth for your time.

A couple of things to test, will it charge the battery? If it will, its likely not power jack and another tell is you have to remove battery before itl power on again. Does it post?

Hey klepp, sorry but we don't allow the buying/selling of services in FS/FT. Odds are good you can find someone local pretty easily or if you want to learn how to do it on your own post in General Hardware and I'm willing to bet you can get some really good advice. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back