Looking for some suggestions on 19" LCDs

Cthulhu

Limp Gawd
I've been looking at the VP191 and it seems to fit the bill. Regular computer use/some gaming. And the price is right as well... ~$450.00. Any other suggestions for great all around 19" monitors so I can do some more research? I know you guys have got to have some other suggestions. :D

I've been using a Hyundai L90D+ for a couple of months. It is good for games, no complaints for regular PC use. It goes for about $350 at zipzoomfly or newegg.. My brother just bought a Samsung 913T (I think) at Sams Club for $359. I think it uses the same panel as my L90D+ (both made by Samsung). Sams has a no hassel return policy, any bad pixels, and you can just return it. most online retailers won't return for a couple of bad pixels.

Thanks for the replies...:D I've searched several forums for the 193P+ and it sounds like a pretty nice monitor. Only problem is that I can't find any major sites with a review....and it's quite a bit more expensive than the VP191. Which isn't a problem if it's that much better. I'd gladly pay more for it if it's truly worth it. But the comparisons I've seen here and other forums don't lead me to believe that it's worth the extra $100 bucks... Any other insight to this?

Or other suggestions for some more research?

DFranch said:
I've been using a Hyundai L90D+ for a couple of months. It is good for games, no complaints for regular PC use. It goes for about $350 at zipzoomfly or newegg.. My brother just bought a Samsung 913T (I think) at Sams Club for $359. I think it uses the same panel as my L90D+ (both made by Samsung). Sams has a no hassel return policy, any bad pixels, and you can just return it. most online retailers won't return for a couple of bad pixels.

Yeah, I've read quite a bit about this monitor...(L90D+) mainly that it's strong suit is gaming. I'm really not THAT big of a gamer. I do play games, but it's maybe 15% of the time. And even then it's not fast paced FPS or anything. For other applications, this monitor doesn't get raving reviews...which tends to make me look it over.

Look at the Dell 1905FP or the Samsung 193P if gaming is not the main priority. Both of them also have an overdrive LCD.

Slider19 said:
Look at the Dell 1905FP or the Samsung 193P if gaming is not the main priority. Both of them also have an overdrive LCD.
Are you saying Dell has an overdrive version of the 1905FP? Does it still use the same panel as the 193P+?

No it the overdrive 1905FP uses the 8ms AUO panel, not the samsung one. Of course, there is no way to be sure with 1905FP you get.

well, after much debate, I finally went with the VP191b. I couldn't get by the raving reviews and for my uses, I couldn't find a better monitor. Thanks for all the input. :D

Back