Looking for some "social" MP games

simon741

Gawd
Im looking for some "social" type mp games. For instance CSS would be one. People are always arguing, flaming, chatting, or talking over the mic when they die. It has a good interface to communicate with others. Are there any other games that are like this that have people actually talking etc rather than just shooting and spawning like in Unreal Tournament? This probably seems pretty weird but...ya

I'd say Team Fortress 2. Theres a lot more team work and its more casual/less serious then CSS. Less swearing and screaming about hax0rs. Its more of a just have fun type of a game.

I'm quite shocked by TF2 players, I was expecting the VOIP to be a cesspool like CSS, but honestly it's great. I cant recall any times where some moron got on and spammed or anything like that.

Thanks for the suggestion. Good thing to point out. I guess I want a casual type of a game. Ive had a lot of fun just running around with people in zombie mod with VOIP.

I'd say Team Fortress 2. Theres a lot more team work and its more casual/less serious then CSS. Less swearing and screaming about hax0rs. Its more of a just have fun type of a game.

you havn't been in any leagues huh :\

You havn't played CS till you've made your way into cal-im.

I'm quite shocked by TF2 players, I was expecting the VOIP to be a cesspool like CSS, but honestly it's great. I cant recall any times where some moron got on and spammed or anything like that.

I find voice chat in pubs to be obnoxious, I have had it turned off in TF2 from day one and I've had nothing but fun in the game.. I guarantee if I left it on it would have been an annoyance with people spouting out their shittalk.. only place I think it's worthwhile is in team/clan matches/scrims

Battlefield 2 is a good one that focues on teamwork I thought. Havent gotten around to installing it after the reformat though. I really like the squad system it has.

Unreal Tournament 3

if you like to have fun, talk bullcrap etc hang out in IRC and spam, talk to others during pugs in vent etc, join a clan etc etc visit:
prounreal.com
unrealna.com

Not Hellgate... most anti social Mplayer I've ever been involved in.

Battlefield 2 is a good one that focues on teamwork I thought. Havent gotten around to installing it after the reformat though. I really like the squad system it has.

I think the teamwork in BF2/142 pubbied is atrocious.

The squad format is great, because you are only listening to your squadmates. Team work is only going to happen among people who want to work together. I usually bounce through the squads till I find one with a decent leader.

Are we just talking shooters here or what?

If you want something outside the box, try Second Life. The entire point of the "game" revolves around interacting with others in some way or another. Its hard to get into, but once you do, you're hooked.

MMOs are great for socializing :)

I'm on vent almost every night chattin it up and havin a good time.

FPS/3rdPerson would probably be preferred. I think I am going to buy a 360 with live because from what it seams, is very social with all the friends and matchmaking etc. And anyway, most people will have a mic. I can also do the coop stuff and IM people. Maybe live is not this way, no? Is it mostly 10 year old spammers or are there some mature gamers on there too?

Are we just talking shooters here or what?

If you want something outside the box, try Second Life. The entire point of the "game" revolves around interacting with others in some way or another. Its hard to get into, but once you do, you're hooked.

That is a good point, not so much a game but an experience that depends entirely on your willingness to socially interact. Everyone should atleast check it out. It is the best user created online world I have ever seen. And besides, where else can you wear bacon as a shirt.

Back