Looking for some Security Network DVR recommendations

awesomo

Gawd
Does anyone have a setup they like? Either PC based or Hardware based. We currently have Geovision cards in windows xp boxes. I have played with Zoneminder and am also disappointed.

Back story:
I have a company with a 30 camera setup in one building and a 12 camera setup in their building across the street. The "installer" did this on the side, and although he used nice wire, the DVR's, fittings, and some of the cameras are complete shit. After pointing this out to the owner, I have been contracted to replace some of the faulty camera's, fix all the wiring, and replace a dead server. I already have CNB analog's that I love, and I am going around soldering power connections and putting on compression BNC heads. Now for the server, it was a windows xp box with a 16 channel geovision card in it. But I just didn't like it.

The Pelco stuff really has it's limitations through as well. Printing from a Pelco is a PITA. what don't you like about the Geo vision? I've actually been looking at building a box for myself around a Geovision card.

The web interface on the Geovision setup is super clunky and dependent on activex. The remote viewing software is also clunky. I can't get support from Geovision for any software updates unless I am an authorized distributor or can state exactly why I can't do business with the authorized distributor. I can't find a distributor that will give me the software. If the computer crashes, there goes everything, as opposed to a speco, I can just pop a new hard-drive in and be back up in 10 minutes. With the geovision, I have to replace parts, reinstall windows, reinstall the software...

I actually like the Speco and Samsung remote view software and general interface, but I just can't find a distributor that will give me full service such as software updates and sell me the damn thing not marked up $600.

Does anyone know of a place that I could pick up Speco or Samsung stuff that will also give me access to software updates?

Genetec makes excellent software, which integrates with just about any hardware you can think of. However it isn't intended for home runs of cameras to a central box, rather IP cameras or IP transmitters connected to your analog cameras.

But, it'll cost you. The enterprise base package with 8 camera licenses is $5000

Where I work we have two GE (Now UTC Fire and Security) Symdec 16 + 4's. They are the only security DVR's I have ever used so I can't compare them to anything else. But they're stable and integrate with our Kalatel digiplex, Kalatel controllers, our cyberdomes and our alarm system.

Back