looking for some interesting pictures on a white background

dualblade

Supreme [H]ardness
i'm looking for some new background. here's my current background:

background.jpg

the web page part of it will stay, but i like to change up the picture in center from time to time. those pictures look best when they have a white background so they blend well with the rest of the page. figured i'd ask for some suggestions from the group, as you guys are pretty good at finding interesting images. i like cars and nature, but am not restricting the search to that at all. also, if you know of a site that has these type of images then please link me. as a trade, i'd be happy to provide the two high resolution source images of calvin and hobbes that i put together to make my current background. i'm sure some of you guys are fans and will want a copy.

- thanks

Sortof OT, but what prog are you using to get the notepad and the search engines that way? is it a yahoo widget or what not?

no, no special programs. i used the active desktop ability (built into windows) - the page is html and the code is some javascript and such. i don't like programs since they use resources, and i like to keep my processes down to the stuff i need. i guess if there was something i really wanted that i couldn't do inside the web page, i might use a program for it

well, need is a strong word. truthfully, i bet i'd never know the difference if i ran extra programs now, since i've got an a64 x2 @2700mhz. it's more of an idea that's ingrained in my head from the past: don't run more than you need to. since the stuff i wanted to do with the background could be done in the code for the background itself, i didn't have to run anything extra

Back