Looking for software to turn my laptop into a wifi hotspot

tybert7

2[H]4U
I get data from my phone and want to use that data font as the source of internet for other nearby devices.

I have an intel centrino 6300N wifi adapter built into the laptop I got in late 2011, it came with windows 7 and had software on board that allowed you to create a wifi hotspot like I described using another internet connection.

After I installed windows 8 the functionality has been broken ever since, forums about the issue turn up no results, even on intels own sites. Intel seems not to give a damn about the broken functionality, I guess billions in profit is not enough to allow a couple of guys to be tasked to fix the issues in windows 8.

But whatever, now that that is written off, is there good third party software that allows similar functionality? Preferably without malware and browser hijacks that seems commonly attached to such programs.

If you want an easier 'one click' solution, try Connectify HotSpot

They have a free and paid version. I used it all the time at my old apartment... the WiFi signal wouldn't reliably reach my bedroom so I used said program on my PC to broadcast a Wifi signal to wireless devices in my room. Worked great.

Back