Looking for socket 1156 mini-itx

Ryankirsch13

Limp Gawd
I've been searching for a 1156 mini itx. I have found a kind man selling a combo in the for sale section that should be here today, but I'm curious as to what other options I would have for a 1156 mini itx board, there doesn't seem to be many. My primary concern is the case I got (thermal take core v1) uses 2 USB 3.0 ports on the front panel and the motherboard (Intel dh57jg) does not support USB 3.0 so I will have to leave them unplugged as far as I know. For a future upgrade to save money, finding a 1156 board would be helpful, if not, I could always wait and get a 1155 combo. P.S if you have a combo please feel free to PM me, an i3 will do wonderfully. Thanks!

There are adapters to use the USB 3.0 front panel with a USB 2.0 header. I've used them before and had no issues.

1156 seems to be just before the start of decent mITX boards. Personally, I wouldn't spend a lot of money on an 1156 setup as you can get your hands on a decent 1155 or better 1150 setup for a few more dollars and have a better upgrade path.

There are adapters to use the USB 3.0 front panel with a USB 2.0 header. I've used them before and had no issues.

1156 seems to be just before the start of decent mITX boards. Personally, I wouldn't spend a lot of money on an 1156 setup as you can get your hands on a decent 1155 or better 1150 setup for a few more dollars and have a better upgrade path.

Thank you for clarifying this. That was my assumption to begin with. I got the board and cpu for $50 so no complaints there. I'll look into the adapter but I'm not certain that the board has a USB 2.0 header either. Thanks again!

uh! DH57JG! that board was fucking great! you'll end up throwing it into the trash fully working, it will never die. and it does have a usb header.

I might actually still have a DH57JG in my office - Send me a PM if you're interested.

I might actually still have a DH57JG in my office - Send me a PM if you're interested.
I appreciate the response, i actually just received one! Paired with an i3 530 it is going to be a budget game/media PC. If you had a 1155 socket ITX board i would take that off your hands though!

uh! DH57JG! that board was fucking great! you'll end up throwing it into the trash fully working, it will never die. and it does have a usb header.
This is very assuring, thanks for the response! I was happy to find a nice little usb 2.0 header on there so a cheap little adapter will do fine! But i most certainly won't be going in the garbage. I will hold this board in it's final moments and comfort it as it passes. LOL

Back