Looking for small hard drives (10-40GB sata)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue3ffect

Gawd
I am doing a project for a charter school that is starting up in the area and looking for some people who are willing to donate (or sell cheaply as this is out of my pocket) some small sata drives. I'm not looking for some high end raptors or something, just some cheap 10-40GB hard drives. They will be using them for doing research with an internet browser, possibly email, and possible programs like Encarta and if there are enough students a keyboarding class with something like Mavis Beacon or equivalent. Nothing demanding. RPM's don't matter, size isn't important as long as it can load Windows XP x86 and a couple small programs. Only thing that matters is that it is a sata interface as the single ide channel is being used by cd-rom drives.

If you donate it/them I can see about some sort of receipts for tax write offs but I can't promise anything as it isn't money from them but just a little community service thing I am doing for them, but I will talk to them about it and see if it would qualify legally and if so I will get you whatever you need to do so.

As I said, I'm willing to work out paying for them as well, but it is out of my pocket like I mentioned so I would like to keep it as cheap as possible. If you have any old drives laying around that you are not using it would be great to work something out to finish this up for them before they start.

Thanks!

Heat is under Blue3ffect, shipping is to 85044

You can run 2 IDE drives off a single channel. Only trick would be getting the CD and HDD close enough together as the dual cables are usually very short.

I have 1 10GB IDE (I know you said sata but maybe you can find something to do with it) and 1 200GB Maxtor sata that I will send your way, I'll even pay shipping.

PM sent.

I haven't heard back from Vertigo yet, but if s/he comes through and with Kyang's donation, I am only one drive short now. If anyone can help out, it would be very much appreciated and some glowing feedback would be in order.

Thanks for all of the help everyone!

I have a crap load of 20 GB IDE drives at work that we have been looking to get rid of. If you are interested I can get the go ahead for them

LMK

I have 2*40GB Seagate SATA HDD's laying around. Send me a PM with an offer. Shipping from 54303.

Got them all. Thank you to everyone who donated their old drives or highly discounted them for me, and a special thanks to Kyang for not only donating two drives, but covering the shipping charges himself. Thanks again everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back