Looking for recommendations on an s939 board

EET

Limp Gawd
My dad's birthday is tomorrow/today (12/29), and I'm planning on buying him a motherboard, as he's long overdue for a speedy computer that'll run current games well. I probably won't be buying it soon, but I'm starting to look around. I'm not sure if he wants SLI or not, so both types of boards are an option. The reason I'm staying 939 is a)he has ram in his current computer that'll work with it, and b)I have a 3500+ A64 that I plan on using (he has an Athlon XP 2800+ right now). I'm not sure how high end I want to go on the board, and I was thinking of Asus, MSI, DFI, or maybe Foxconn? I don't plan on spending a ton, and probably won't anyway since it's last year's socket. So, any recommendations? About the only stipulation I'm making is that it's PCIe so he'll have room.

Well if you wanna give the machine a good boost the DFI lan party series is the job, but I am currently running the Nforce 4 MSI platinum and its a great board. Its got features and stability. Its not a great overclocker but it good.

My previous board was also a MSI nforce 3 for the single core AMD SD3700+. So I recommend MSI of DFI.

Of course there are others but I have had 4 MSI boards and never an issue.

Back