Looking for recommendations on 7.1 wireless gaming headset

1Wolf

Limp Gawd
I don't normally play games with a headset myself so I don't know too much about them, what is good, what is bad, what is overpriced, etc.

My wife would like a 7.1 wireless gaming headset for xmas and I'm seeing features and prices all over the map. I thought maybe I'd ask here and see if any of you have any experience or recommendations.

For price and features, I'm leaning towards the Corsair Void Pro so far.

A little background on my wife's usage: She isn't a competitive gamer and does not play FPS shooter, twitch based, multiplayer games. She plays single player RPG games usually. Comfort is probably the most important thing, followed closely by good 7.1 sound. The microphone quality really doesn't matter. It needs to be wireless as she just doesn't want to deal with being cabled to the PC by yet another USB cable.

Any recommendations?

Wireless? 7.1? Headset?

These things don't go well together, however, Creative Lab's makes the Sound Blaster Tactic3D Rage Wireless V2.0 which appears to check all of the boxes, and they should at least have surround covered fairly well. I won't comment on actual audio quality, durability, signal integrity, average battery life...

Back