Looking for recommendations for a lower-end ATX case for an AM4 build

harddud

Limp Gawd
I am in the process of building an AM4 system for a buddy of mine and just discovered that his current case will not support a full-sized ATX MB, so now I am case shopping. I've checked out Amazon and was surprised to find a few (apparently) nice lower-end cases for sale in the $50 range. They include offerings from Zalman, Coolermaster, and Rosewill. Looking for any recommendations/lessons learned on lower-end cases that far exceeded your expectations for what you paid for.

Thank you ...

I haven't used one but looking at cases in your budget range which is sort of tough these days when you have to consider shipping costs for a relatively bulky item $50 must be a hard price point to hit currently... anyway I digress, If it was me and I needed a case in this range the best looking option I saw is the Zalman R2, I think it is by far (subjective) the best looking case in this price range.

Honestly I doubt many people here are using these lower end cases very much, unless building for friend / family with lower budgets as in your case..

Anyways The Zalman looks pretty decent but you can see it is a low end case in some ways, the super annoying expansion slot covers you have to punch out for example.. but that is to be expected in the price range?

I'm currently using a Fractal Design Focus G. It's not a high quality case by any means but you're not going to get a high quality case in the price range you're looking for. That said, it's definitely a decent case for the price and I have no trouble recommending it as long as the build you're doing fits with the features and limitations it has.

Back