Looking for portable speaker(s) for laptop

silk186

[H]ard|Gawd
My home setup is a cheap soundbar for video conferencing and studio monitors (Edifier S1000) for everything else. What was supposed to be a 2-week visit to family in Vancouver has been extended. I picked up an AORUS 15G with a 3080. I'm happy with everything except for the sound. As I'm not sure how long I will be here I'm hesitant to pick up a set of Edifier R1280T as I would likely need to leave them behind.

For this reason, I've been thinking about a portable speaker: Bose SoundLink Mini II SE (doesn't come with a dock), Sony SRS-XB33, Sonos One, UE Boom 3 ... lots of options.
There is a lot of option and it is not convenient to demo them. Ideally, I want something that I can plug in and forget. I don't think it matters if I connect over Bluetooth. A charging dock would be a plus, but not required.

Will any of these options sound good watching a movie or playing a game in a small room (9ft x 11ft)?

I have a set of Bose Companions hooked to my Macbook Pro and these tiny speakers have room filling sound.
they are the small silvers speakers under the TV, one is next to the AVR and the other on the keyboard.
IMG_0613.JPEG

I provided the information that answered the question. I think we're done here.
Judging from your response you just didn't understand that convection cooling means a fanless passive radiator :D
But you're right, we're done here.

Back