Looking for opinions is all - Motherboard for 5800x

GCS

Limp Gawd
My son has an Asrock X570 Steel Legend already (supports the Ryzen 5000 chips)

I also just acquired a Gigabyte X570 Elite in a deal

Should I stick with the Asrock or move him over to the Gigabyte.

Thoughts?

My son has an Asrock X570 Steel Legend already (supports the Ryzen 5000 chips)

I also just acquired a Gigabyte X570 Elite in a deal

Should I stick with the Asrock or move him over to the Gigabyte.

Thoughts?
use the one you like the looks off...spec wise their identical yes?

If nothing was installed I'd probably go with the Gigabyte because I'm a bit of a Gigabyte fan. The x570 Elite isn't one of Gigabyte's higher end boards but from everything I've seen and heard it's still a good board, especially for the price.

If the Asrock board is already installed and running with no issues I'd probably leave it. I think I ran across a review somewhere which wasn't a fan of the board. It seems to have some downsides like issues with installing larger air coolers due to the top x16 PCI-e slot being in a higher position than most which can cause the CPU cooler to come in contact with the video card.

If nothing was installed I'd probably go with the Gigabyte because I'm a bit of a Gigabyte fan. The x570 Elite isn't one of Gigabyte's higher end boards but from everything I've seen and heard it's still a good board, especially for the price.

If the Asrock board is already installed and running with no issues I'd probably leave it. I think I ran across a review somewhere which wasn't a fan of the board. It seems to have some downsides like issues with installing larger air coolers due to the top x16 PCI-e slot being in a higher position than most which can cause the CPU cooler to come in contact with the video card.
It is installed and working fine. The only issue I we have is that the RGB control software sucks and we have never been able to get it to work right. Disappointing for sure but of course does not impact the actual board

It is installed and working fine. The only issue I we have is that the RGB control software sucks and we have never been able to get it to work right. Disappointing for sure but of course does not impact the actual board
there is a gazillion ways to control RGB on my board...Even my cheapo mouse with corsair ICUE can control the RGB or i could use 2 different apps from asus itself or even my ram has software that can do the rgb stuff. Point being theres more than one way to do the rgb control

You can check out OpenRGB to see if that motherboard is supported. It's open source software working to be hardware agnostic.

And I know the feeling of having issues with RGB. I completely turned mine off after a recent BIOS update no longer made my RGB settings persistent. Before the BIOS update I was able to use the RGB Fusion software (Gigabyte official software) to set the RGB on the motherboard and the Enermax AIO hooked up to an RGB header to a static color and about as dim as it can go and it would save the settings no matter what. Reboot the OS, no problem as nothing changed. Power down the system and restart; settings were applied as soon as the system had power. I'm normally in Linux most of the time so a resident program in Windows was useless. However, after the recent BIOS update the settings are no longer saved and it goes back to the Gigabyte default of burn out your eyes orange the moment Windows shuts down. OpenRGB could control it while in Linux but I don't want to bother starting up either program or have them running when I login. I also don't want the super bright orange when I go to boot or in BIOS or whatever.

Thus, I simply turned off all RGB in the BIOS.

Back