Looking for new speakers

Clemo

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, looking for a cheap set but quality sound speakers. Does anyone have any recommendations? I would prefer to stay around the 60-80 price range but if it is worth it I can up the budget. I'll need two pairs so that's why I'm trying to keep them as cheap as possible. The main purpose is listening to music so I would really love something that has quality sound. Thanks for the advice!

For your budget I cannot imagine a better option than this unless you go second-hand of course...

Micca MB42 Speakers + Lepai LP-2020A+ T-Amp. This would set you around $100 including the speaker wire and banana plugs. For the price, I cannot imagine anything performing close when you are looking at "new" options.

If you do not want to take the extra time to work with speaker wire and such even though I believe it's absolutely worth it with the first option, here is another option the Swan M10 that is also at $100 shipped.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
thanks for the suggestion guys. I like the reviews of that Pioneer SP-22. BRAB, I don't think I'm that good with wires to go messing around with an amp and speakers. I don't trust myself LOL. Well actually I just don't have too much time to try that.

thanks for the suggestion guys. I like the reviews of that Pioneer SP-22. BRAB, I don't think I'm that good with wires to go messing around with an amp and speakers. I don't trust myself LOL. Well actually I just don't have too much time to try that.

I hear you lol.

So what are you going to for? Just to let you know, the Pioneer SP-22, like all bookshelf speakers, will require an amp as well.

thanks guys, if i were to up my budget to around $120-150 is there a better plug and play alternative?

edit -
Screw it I'll just try the bookshelf/ amp setup as suggested. It doesn't look that hard and it seems to be the best value.

Last edited:
I would rather pour sulphuric acid to my ears instead of this... but it's your choice and your ears!

I think you're right. I've also had bad luck with logitech speakers and mice, so I don't know why I keep going back.

Its left (positive/negative) and right (positive/negative). How is that complicated?

Its left (positive/negative) and right (positive/negative). How is that complicated?

Well I had some time to look into it, and yes it looks amazingly easy. I know nothing about audio though, so before I had the chance to look it up, it seemed like it would require a lot of work. I didn't know it was just stripping wire and capping them with the banana plugs.

I could tell you how to make testosterone in the lab and say it's extremely easy, but before you get your feet wet you probably wouldn't think so ;)

for the $150~ range I would recommend the t-amp / bookshelf speakers (mho) much better SQ than computer speakers at the price range by in large

however newegg has just started stocking the HiVi stuff

these are close to your budget (bit over) HiVi D1080-IV 2.0 these are good sounding speakers to be sure (i thought at least when i heard them)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836140001

For your budget I cannot imagine a better option than this unless you go second-hand of course...

Micca MB42 Speakers + Lepai LP-2020A+ T-Amp. This would set you around $100 including the speaker wire and banana plugs. For the price, I cannot imagine anything performing close when you are looking at "new" options.

If you do not want to take the extra time to work with speaker wire and such even though I believe it's absolutely worth it with the first option, here is another option the Swan M10 that is also at $100 shipped.

Great Reccomendation. I just traded my Paradigm Atoms for the Miccas and I love them. I was expecting the Miccas to be a bit of a downgrade in exchange for the cheaper price smaller size, but they delivered. Miccas are a bit on the bright side, but they are balanced and have a great range for the size. I would highly recommend them if you want cheap/small bookshelf speakers at a bargain price.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back