Looking for new Nvidia card, what brand?

I am currently running a Nvidia 260 and am looking to upgrade to a newer card. In the past I was quite partial to BFG cause they ran like beasts and NEVER had a problem with them. Who is the top dog when it comes to Nvidia cards these days?

I prefer EVGA for arguably the best customer support in the biz. Just make sure you get a card with a -AR part number if you want one with lifetime warranty.

My 8800gt, GTX 280, 460, and 470's have all been EVGA. I plan on continuing the trend once Kepler comes out.

eVGA is what I would recommend for lifetime warranty. MSI Twin Frozr runs a lot cooler than any other card. What is your budget?

I prefer EVGA for arguably the best customer support in the biz. Just make sure you get a card with a -AR part number if you want one with lifetime warranty.

+1 to this
I had an issue with a particular non reference model. Original card was RMAd and was replaced with the same card. In the end I had 3 non reference cards not last over 3 months.
I sent an e-mail to the Support Manager after the last one gave out and didn't get the e-mail reply I expected. I got phone call from the manager the next day, we discussed the issue and when I mentioned that I had a reference model that was purchased previous to the non reference card that had no issues, he got the model number from me and they set up an Advanced RMA to get a second reference card shipped me without having to send the dead card back until the new one arrived.

I know it sounds bad that I had 3 cards fail but in no way at all did they try to give me the run around or make me spend days waiting on replies. I had replies through the website answered quickly and there was no run around looking for 100 other issues.

While there are brands that cost less, for my dollar the service and attention to the customer I saw from EVGA was second to none.

Also EVGA will warranty a card that has had an aftermarket heatsink installed provided the installation of the heatsink was done properly and did not cause the card failure.

I am currently running a Nvidia 260 and am looking to upgrade to a newer card. In the past I was quite partial to BFG cause they ran like beasts and NEVER had a problem with them. Who is the top dog when it comes to Nvidia cards these days?

I've been happy with my gts250 (until recently), Battlefield 3 was just like virtually slapping my video card in the face. Looking at the prices recently for the 560ti... There's no excuse not to upgrade lol.

evga, msi, asus, gigabyte or galaxy all are good cards. Evga I have heard the best customer support.

i've had to RMA previous EVGA cards and every time they have upgraded me to a better card.

awesome brands to get are ASUS MSI Gigabyte and EVGA,
asus has amazing product support and also have good customer support from what i have experienced, they make really well built products,
MSI one of the leading comapnies in over clocking and cooling for video cards, i love thier products and all of the overclocking software too! and the cooling for thier GPU's are phenominal
Gigabyte, another amazing company that boasts good products and customer support, phenominal cooling solutions and boast about the best gpu selecting processes.

EVGA is a hit and miss, the basic cards are fine, but the FTW series is about the best you can get, not as great as the other companies in my oinion but not too far behind.

Ended up getting some replies to my Facebook post from some people I know IRL as well. Got turned onto the MSI Twin Frozr cooling cards...Ended up scoring a 580 Lightning. Really impressed with how cool this stays under load.

Bonus points for the free Batman game coupon that came in the box too.

IMHO:

#1 - MSI
#2 - EVGA
#3 - Gigabyte

Zotac and Galaxy get honourable mention. I love ASUS but I don't like the 3 slot design. It was the whole reason I didn't buy Asus for my 6970's.

I've always had good luck with eVGA branded cards. Had to RMA one after I lost a power supply, ended up with a small upgrade out of the deal, and it didn't take very long at all.

EVGA, & GALAXY

I buy only nvidia cards of Evga and MSI Twin Frozr (now using GTX 275 MSI Twin Frozr OC) and I really recommend these two to everyone. I'll be going for 560 Evga in near future (maybe after Christmas) Never had problem with these.

Back