Looking for new mouse. Have Mamba Currently

CruisD64

2[H]4U
Hey everyone!

I'm looking for a new mouse. I've had a mamba for years and I absolutely love it, but I wish it had more buttons. I'm looking for something that's similar in feel though cause the mamba is perfect in that regard. I'm not a fan of the other Razer mice, but have come across the Mionix Naos 8200. Would it be considered a downgrade switching from a mamba to one of those? My local computer store has them on sale so I may just go out and get it to try, but I figured I'd ask here first. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation.

Thanks

EDIT: Turns out the Mionix is 7 buttons INCLUDING DPI up/down... That ones out...

Last edited:
How many buttons do you want?

The Razer Naga 2014 got good reviews claiming that it didn't have Razer's "advance tracking algorithm", which would have caused inconsistent tracking if that is a concern, but it has an extra axis versus most current mice...

Not sure what a mamba feels like as I've never held one, but....
I'm currently doing a mini shootout for myself. I bought a Corsair M95, Logitech G602 and G700, because I too love mouse buttons. Corsair build quality is fantastic, and the aluminum looks so sexy. Shape and button layout just aren't as comfortable to me as the other two. It's not hard to use by any means. I think once you're used to the button placement it would be a great choice. However it seems like Logitech just spent more time figuring out a comfortable shape and better button placement. The G700 is the perfect shape for my hand and I love the infinite scroll wheel. The buttons are perfectly placed and really easy to identify. Also the choice of wireless or wired operation is very cool and convenient in my opinion. The G602 is the happy medium between the two I think. It has a couple more buttons than the G700 which I like. It's a really comfortable shape and the buttons are well placed and very intuitive. Plus I love logitech's software. Despite being wireless both the G series feel just liked a wired mouse in terms of response.
If you have a best buy handy you should check out the G602. You might fall in love.

Actually more for FPS. I don't play a lot of MMO's.

I've actually just decided to stick with the Mamba and deal with its shortcomings.

I recently got Deathadder when it was on sale for ~$40 and absolutely love it. Personally, this is a big improvement over MX518 & G400s. I was going to recommend Razer Naga based on your OP (you wanted more macro buttons) but you play FPS games. Deathadder is the way to go.

For FPS, I'd recommend Steelseries, they feel great, especially Sensei and Rival.

I just picked up the Rival for $30 bucks a few weeks ago. I'm coming from a Mamba as well. Feels great so far and I'm heavily into FPS.

Have tried about every mouse known to man and am loving the Logitech G602 wireless mouse.

So, the new Func MS-3 rev 2 came out which addresses the issues with the original version. Newegg actually carries it so I ordered it today. Should be here tomorrow so I'll test it over the weekend and report my findings. Worst case scenario, it becomes the mouse at my parents cabin since I'm setting up a computer up there.

http://www.func.net/en/products/ms-3-revision-2/

Last edited:
Just ordered the Func from newegg. I've been using a Corsair M65 that I don't really enjoy. I'll keep this thread updated if you guys want.

So mine has arrived, and I must say, it is nice. The ring and pinky finger rests takes about 10 minutes to get used to, but overall it feels great. Size, weight, build quality etc. When I get home from work, I'm going to start messing with the programmability of it.

Excellent. It does look rather comfortable. Pictures too of it's not too much trouble?

Ok, so I've had a few days to play with the Func MS-3 mouse and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed so far. When you first place your hand on it, it feels a bit weird in that you have rests for your ring and pinkie fingers. Something the mamba didn't have. After about 10-15 minutes I got used to that. I have somewhat large hands and it feels like the mouse was designed for it. Only a small portion of my palm touches the mousepad. The rest is on the mouse. A few weeks ago I played around with the Mionix Naos and this mouse feels very similar, but probably a bit more comfortable.

The software seems pretty nice also. Each button is customizable and you actually have 3 mouse profiles that you can toggle between with one of the buttons. Each profile can customize what buttons do what, mouse sensitivity, led colors etc... for different types of games. Neat! Full RGB LED's are used so you can really set it to whatever you want. I couldn't get white to look right for reason though... :p

My biggest gripe is that the additional thumb buttons (which is what prompted me to buy this mouse to begin with) can't be functional only in game. You have to assign a windows function or macro to them for them to do anything. I assigned '.' and ',' which is what you actually see in game when you click (rather than Mouse 6 or Mouse 7). Not a huge deal and something I got over quickly, but it would be nice if I could make those buttons useful in game only.

Anyway, would I recommend this mouse? Absolutely yes! If FPS's are mainly your thing and you need a few extra buttons, this might just be it. To be honest, if the Razer Mamba had 2 extra buttons, I would never have had reason to upgrade.

I've always loved Func Industries mousepads as well (the best out there IMO) and now they have a mouse that pairs those pads perfectly. I honestly couldn't be happier. :) I hope this is helpful.

Back