Looking for new Monitor

ITOAO

Limp Gawd
I am looking for a new monitor and wanted advice.
Currently running a Corei5 machine with a 780 and playing at 1080p. I think my sig is correct. :)

I would like to bump up the resolution too 2560x1440p.
Looking for something at 27" but I have no idea what specs to look for.
I don't want to pay 750.00 or something for a monitor.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Anyone have suggestions or am I a in the wrong forum to ask this?

You should be more specific on your priorities to get something more specific then "500 fitting monitor models". Eg. panel type preferences, gaming or professional working with graphics purpose, quality or best refresh possible, requirement or not for extra features like pivotable stand/specific input ports set/g-sync support, 120hz support, 3D support, wide gamut, priority on good price/performance and things like that. There is no such thing as best for everybody, as each has his own preferences/requirements with own subjective order by different priorities. You can also read other threads to see what people are interested in. Or narrow list to few models in shop you are going to buy it from and google for their reviews/comparisons.

I appreciate the response I am not familiar enough with pane types to ask for a specific type. I hear IPS thrown around a lot but I am not sure exactly why it is better.
The purpose would mainly be gaming. I am looking for quality and performance at a somewhat reasonable price. Though I am not sure what that is.
I would say 500 would be max I want to spend. The stand being adjustable would be nice but is not a high priority I will probably mount it. No 3D I think its gimmicky and it hurts my eyes.
Also I need to have connection options, hdmi only does not work for me. For some reason the text always looks blurry. I would like it to have DVI and displayport.

Let me know if there is any more details I can provide.

To me it sounds like you have rather generic preferences, no professional usage, no professional gaming. So no "absolutely must have" for IPS & wide gamut, or TN 120Hz lightboost/g-sync and alike things. Have you thought of going a bit bigger? As in 2560x1440 32" benq monitor?

The 120Hz thing, if its similar to TVs kind of messes with my eyes actually. Things look fake they are so smooth. I haven't thought of moving to a 32" I sit very close to my monitors so I am not sure if it would be a big deal.
What 32" Benq models are reasonable.
I looked at the link NCX provided an I have no idea what some of that stuff means and what to look for to make a judgement.

There is only one such. BL3200PT, thread about it nearby. Reasonably priced, from reviews good enough for most of average users, and finally something a bit larger then 30" that been max for monitors for years. Common resolution doesn't require gpu upgrade. Somewhat my favourite current choice.

Since 500 is your max budget. Korean 1440p is something to consider.
Since you want multi input CROSSOVER 2720MDP is pretty good. If you want VESA mount it would be $100 more.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back