looking for new buds for running

silk186

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought a pair of shure se215 headphones last year, while not audiophile grade I don't consider them cheap. In fact they are the most expensive headphones I've ever bought. I thought these would last me for years but I was wrong. I only use these when I'm on the bus or running in the gym. The wire has an over ear design that I'm supposed to be able to bend around my ear and hold its shape. Unfortunately one of them has snapped so it is always falling off my ear. I bought the clear model and I can see condensation inside of them. The sound is reasonable for the price and what I use them for. I plug them into my Samsung S4 and listen to hiphop, rap. r&b, dubstep, trance... a headphone amp is not ideal for the gym so I'm looking for recommendations of comfortable DURABLE headphones for running and travel that I will only use with a phone. I like the in-ear design for good sound isolation. Budget: the cheaper the better. Don't bother recommend anything over £100 and that isn't available in the UK. Another problem is the the molding around that 3.5mm plug is so large that I have to remove my phone case to use it. Alternatively should i just buy something like this FiiO RC-SE1 Shure Replacement Cable?

Really like the Blue Buds X for exercise/gym. Awesome SQ, multiple bud sizes (even aftermarket ones work), comfortable, and bluetooth. Mine survived a wash and dryer and still work (albeit I lost the phone/mic functionality sadly).

But I won't "bother recommending" them to you since they're over 100 and not sure if they're available in your country (can be had for ~$129 brand new shipped from Jaybird with a 20% coupon). For a lower cost option, I'd recommend one of the Motorola buds.

That said, since you mentioned 3.5mm port: definitely go for bluetooth if it's for exercise/gym.

The Blue Buds X are £130 (215 USD) on amazon UK, They look really good though. I may pick up a pair the next time I go to Canada.If I order from the US site they charge $34.33 for shipping plus I could get hit with duty.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
JVC HA-FX1X. They're cheap, very durable, and sound pretty good.

Sorry... when I read this I read "new BUDS for running"... like you needed some new friends to go running with you.

:D

Wish I could try the Jay bird. I like to use only 1 bud at work but wish I could find a good solution blue tooth.

Back