Looking for monitor switcher

vulcan4d

n00b
I've been told there is an article on hardocp about some software that allows you to switch monitors. This is suppose to be meant for games, you play a game on one monitor and then switch to the other monitor where you can work on your desktop. I REALLY need this, but I can't freaking find anything like this on hardocp.

Can someone help me out? If anyone knows any other software like this please tell me, google searches are giving me bs =).

hmm.. not sure about that. Ultramon is good multi-mon software (If you don't have it, get it http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/) but that doesn't give you the capability to switch out of games like you describe. I haven't found anything that does that yet.

-edit-
Who told you? Ask them for details.

Are you talking about having two actual, physical monitors and switching between them? Usually games will trap the mouse so you can't just move the mouse over to the other monitor like you normally can, but usually an alt-tab or winkey or something will take care of that.

Yes I'm talking about actually having 2 monitors and switching between them, one would display the game and the other the desktop. Of course you can't use both at once, but this software is suppose to switch keyboard and mouse controls between them.

are you sure your not talking about a KVM?

a software KVM would be interesting

why not just alt tab?

and jpmkm.. unfortunately, some game designers didnt work with us multi-monitor types in mind. when i use games like grand theft auto, baldurs gate, and some others, i have to turn off the feed to the second monitor because if i drift over to it and click in it, it cancels me out of the game.

Back