Looking for: Magazine CDs and DVDs, PC demo discs

Foxhack

Limp Gawd
I'm currently trying to build a collection of magazine cover disks and other PC demo discs for preservation and documentation purposes. My goal is to document these CDs and post a table of contents online, to help with game research efforts. I've already gotten a bunch from ebay and local sellers, but I'm hoping people here have discs that they don't need or want anymore.

I figure it's a long shot, but it wouldn't hurt asking, right?

If you got stuff you want to unload, send me a PM and we'll work something out. Thanks!

Would you be making the demos and what not from the discs downloadable?

Would you be making the demos and what not from the discs downloadable?
That's the plan, whenever possible. Some stuff is already out there in the form of isos, but they rarely have contents listed. Having a full listing of the contents would be very helpful for people looking for specific patches, interviews, or videos. I'm involved with a few game preservation and game history groups, and I've been working to catalog this content, as well as other stuff from gaming magazines, to help with research.

There are some discs that contain full games, though, and I'm not sure uploading those wouldn't get me in trouble. Demos are one thing, companies don't care where those get distributed. But full games, yeah. (At least, fully -working- games, stuff like dead MMO clients or games that required a separate registration for activation to unlock should be fine...)

Edit: I also intend to scan the sleeve and discs! Can't forget those!

Last edited:
pc gamer already has a ton of theirs online. so check those before doing duplicates or skip em...

I regret tossing out years of my PC Gamer mags and discs when I moved in early 2000s...
Also had Computer Gaming Magazine..

do you have a rough list of what you've got so far?

I regret tossing out years of my PC Gamer mags and discs when I moved in early 2000s...
Also had Computer Gaming Magazine..

do you have a rough list of what you've got so far?

Yep, this should be mostly complete, except for the odd CD I missed in my storage boxes. I don't mind getting duplicates, any extras will be used to replace damaged items (scratches, scuffs, etc), traded, or resold in lots to cover more purchases.

Back