looking for low profile gpu cooler for a half height card for a sff pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

omegatotal

Gawd
looking for low profile gpu cooler for a 9800gt/gts430 half height card for small form factor pc.

pretty simple, i have a slimline computer that has a phenom2 x4 940 (3ghz) and it currently has a gts250(9800gt with more ram and cores) and when i game it can get pretty toasty

i have room for water cooling and a 92mm rad if i get the correct waterblock, but i need to find a gpu cooler that will work on a half height card

has anyone ever seen one?

everything works the way i have it now, but i would love to make it a tad quieter and run a tad cooler than it does currently

also this is a lan box for casual gaming, hence the sff

The only thing I can think of is just getting another card that runs cooler or has a better cooling. I don't think I've ever seen an aftermarket low profile cooler (aside from the dinky small ones)

i can pick from a gts250, gt430 and gt520(newish), and some ati card, atm the gt430 uses less power but is not really worth the upgrade even if it had 2gb ram

the current gts250 1gb works great, i could even oc it, but the hole point is to bring temps down with this configuration because i know it all works solid even at high temps, and also reduce the number of fans in the case from 4(cpu/vga/psu/aux) to just 2 (psu and aux/rad)

Hmm, aside from a homemade heatsink or taking one from another card, I can only think of water cooling for this case. I had a Zalman ZM-GWB3 in my possession at one point and it seemed like it'd fit on a low profile card, though I ended up not using it. Maybe someone else with more experience can chime in.

i think ill just have to pay a friend of mine to come up with a design and have a machine shop he works with mill it out for me... might cost me an arm and leg but i'll have something i like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back