Looking for long length 1/8 to 1/4 cable that's durable enough as bends frequently where plug meets cable.

alpharalpha

Weaksauce
Is hard to find these cables in longer lengths (at least 20ft) is for my child's headset so he can sit on bed while watching shows. (Room is 10ft wall to wall.) The cable gets bent where the 1/4 plug joins the cable and wires fail there. I thought about wrapping some electrical tape around that area to reduce flexing, but would prefer to find a durable cable that won't break, any suggestions?

Is hard to find these cables in longer lengths (at least 20ft) is for my child's headset so he can sit on bed while watching shows. (Room is 10ft wall to wall.) The cable gets bent where the 1/4 plug joins the cable and wires fail there. I thought about wrapping some electrical tape around that area to reduce flexing, but would prefer to find a durable cable that won't break, any suggestions?
There's no sense pulling that long a cable. Get a wireless headset or a wireless sending unit (Dayton Audio has cheap good ones).

Reactions: Nobu
like this
Or get a low profile right angle adapter to plug into the headset. I bet he's either laying on the headset or resting his head on his hand and pushing on the wire. I would just wrap the wire behind my neck with a bit of slack, but if he can't do that, the adapter is probably the next best thing.

Of course, like B00nie said, a wireless headset would probably be the best solution.

Or get a low profile right angle adapter to plug into the headset. I bet he's either laying on the headset or resting his head on his hand and pushing on the wire. I would just wrap the wire behind my neck with a bit of slack, but if he can't do that, the adapter is probably the next best thing.

Of course, like B00nie said, a wireless headset would probably be the best solution.
I was just thinking of a right angle adapter (know of a brand you've found reliable?) You're right, the 1/4 plug goes straight down so bends when lounging.

I was just thinking of a right angle adapter (know of a brand you've found reliable?) You're right, the 1/4 plug goes straight down so bends when lounging.
Unfortunately, no. I've never been bothered enough to fork out the dough for one. If you end up getting one, let us know how it performs.

Cordial is an affordable pro audio brand, try that. Pro gear is built tough as they need to endure work use.

Back