Looking for info about proXPN VPH

dar124

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently saw a promotion for a lifetime subscription to proXPN VPN for $39. I was considering it, but after doing a bit of googling, it seems there are mixed reviews about the service.

So I figured that I'd check here to see if I could get some additional [H] opinions about this particular VPN.

Thanks in advance.

I've done some research on their lifetime price and people have been saying it has been hit or miss. I did send proXPN an email about it and never heard back. Your best bet would be to just to the month to month and use "weekly" as the coupon code for 50% off.

Yea, the reviews did seem to be hit or miss. Some really good and others really bad.

I was trying to avoid another monthly payment. But for $39 for a lifetime subscription, almost can go wrong though?? Was just hoping that more people had some info on them.

Thanks for the link Farva. Interesting to hear a bit from the proXPN CEO Mike Strouse.

So I ended up getting 2 of the proXPN lifetime subscriptions (one for me and another one for my brother). There was also a coupon code out there for 10% off. So that lowered it to around $35 for each one.

I'll test the VPN out for a bit and will try to report back with some results.

Where did you purchase your lifetime subscriptions from? I just want to know so I know where to go if it turns out well for you.

Where did you purchase your lifetime subscriptions from? I just want to know so I know where to go if it turns out well for you.

No worries. I got it from here:

proXPN VPN: Premium Lifetime Subscription | StackSocial

It looks like it's an offer for 7 days, but I got it with 1 day left and now it's showing "5 days left" again. So not sure how long it'll be discounted like that, but seemed like a good deal for a "lifetime" option.

It might take me a bit to install it and start using it. Over the past few days my desktop PC has been randomly shutting down. So I'm going to need to look at (reimage, upgrade some parts, etc) the PC before I install this VPN and start to use it.

When you use the vpn or proxy don’t forget to check your new ip. I always use such free services as https://2ip.io to check whats my ip at the moment. Before paying for the long-term package of services it's very important to check the efficiency of VPN. The normal rate is more than 95%, if it’s lower than it is better to change the VPN at all.

When you use the vpn or proxy don’t forget to check your new ip. I always use such free services as https://2ip.io to check whats my ip at the moment. Before paying for the long-term package of services it's very important to check the efficiency of VPN. The normal rate is more than 95%, if it’s lower than it is better to change the VPN at all.

Not sure what you mean by "check the efficiency of the VPN"??

Do you mean use the link you provided to run a speed test?? And then that rate should be around 95%??

No worries. I got it from here:

proXPN VPN: Premium Lifetime Subscription | StackSocial

It looks like it's an offer for 7 days, but I got it with 1 day left and now it's showing "5 days left" again. So not sure how long it'll be discounted like that, but seemed like a good deal for a "lifetime" option.

It might take me a bit to install it and start using it. Over the past few days my desktop PC has been randomly shutting down. So I'm going to need to look at (reimage, upgrade some parts, etc) the PC before I install this VPN and start to use it.
I just ordered this and tried to use the coupon code. Proxpn said the code was not valid. I'm trying to get a refund. The site says there are no refunds, so if that's the case, I'll file a charge back with Discover.

I just ordered this and tried to use the coupon code. Proxpn said the code was not valid. I'm trying to get a refund. The site says there are no refunds, so if that's the case, I'll file a charge back with Discover.

Well damn!!! I haven't tried to install it yet. Still working out why my PC keeps shutting down.

I got 2 of them. One for me and one for my brother. I'm going to help my brother install it on his PC, hopefully in the next couple of days. I'll report back after I attempt the install.

Well damn!!! I haven't tried to install it yet. Still working out why my PC keeps shutting down.

I got 2 of them. One for me and one for my brother. I'm going to help my brother install it on his PC, hopefully in the next couple of days. I'll report back after I attempt the install.
Were you able to redeem your code when you signed up? They said they are working with ProXPN to get me a new code since I last posted...I'll give them a few more days before I contact my credit card company to reverse the transaction.

Were you able to redeem your code when you signed up? They said they are working with ProXPN to get me a new code since I last posted...I'll give them a few more days before I contact my credit card company to reverse the transaction.

I haven't. Was supposed to install it on my brother's PC at the end of last week, but the timing didn't work before we left to go out of town until this coming Tuesday. And I'm waiting on the delivery of a new PSU for my desktop PC (hopefully that'll fix the random shutdowns that I've been having).

I know I've only got 30 days to install them, so the countdown is on!!!

I finally received my new (larger) PSU and got it installed. So, over the past couple of days I was able to activate ProXPN with both of the serial codes that I ordered. I installed the ProXPN VPN and logged in without any issues on both my brother's PC and on mine.

I selected the NY VPN, checked my IP and it showed as being in NY / NJ so I'm thinking that it's working?? This is the first time that I'm using a VPN, so is there anything else that I should do or check to make sure things are good with the VPN?? Or is it just as simple as connecting (verifying that I've got the VPN IP address) and then using the PC as usual.

I was also a little confused in the preferences about the area where you're able to enter the path to individual programs on your PC. If the VPN is active wouldn't that apply to all of the PC's traffic?? Not sure why specific programs would need to be selected.

I finally received my new (larger) PSU and got it installed. So, over the past couple of days I was able to activate ProXPN with both of the serial codes that I ordered. I installed the ProXPN VPN and logged in without any issues on both my brother's PC and on mine.

I selected the NY VPN, checked my IP and it showed as being in NY / NJ so I'm thinking that it's working?? This is the first time that I'm using a VPN, so is there anything else that I should do or check to make sure things are good with the VPN?? Or is it just as simple as connecting (verifying that I've got the VPN IP address) and then using the PC as usual.

I was also a little confused in the preferences about the area where you're able to enter the path to individual programs on your PC. If the VPN is active wouldn't that apply to all of the PC's traffic?? Not sure why specific programs would need to be selected.
I've received 4 different codes from them and none of them have worked.

As for the VPN, it only works on the device you have it running. If you have the VPN running off your firewall, then all your WAN traffic is going through the VPN.

After looking at the preferences a bit more it looks like the area to enter the path for programs is for their "VPN Guard". So if the VPN disconnects it'll shut off any programs with the path listed in that area. I was just looking at it wrong a couple of days ago.

I used the VPN yesterday while doing some downloading. It seemed to work well.

I'm using it right now. I only use it for restricted environments, where I don't have a cell signal.

For my purposes it's been fantastic. I'm using openvpn on my iPhone.

Back