Looking for in-ear headphones

erik8hfr

Weaksauce
I'm looking for in-ear headphones that can hear what I'm speaking clearly during voice chat gaming. Is there a heaphones like this?

I would like to buy Logitech H151 within my budget . Can I hear myself speaking clearly by using its mic when wearing the headset?

Within-ear?

what-are-earbuds-300x285.jpg

In-ear?

girl-killed-earbuds.jpg

On-ear?

monoprice-on-ear-headphones.jpg

Over-ear?

QPAD-GH-85-90-5.jpg

Within-ear?

what-are-earbuds-300x285.jpg

In-ear?

girl-killed-earbuds.jpg

On-ear?

monoprice-on-ear-headphones.jpg

Over-ear?

QPAD-GH-85-90-5.jpg
I don't know there is a term named 'within-ear' for headphones. Isn't the 'in-ear' term commonly used for it? I'm currently using the within-ear headphones as shown in the 1st picture and I can't hear myself speaking clearing when wearing it. How about the in-ear headphones as shown in the 2nd picture? Can I hear myself speaking clearly when wearing it?

It depends on who you ask. Often they just use in-ear for both, but I prefer to keep them apart as they are different with different characteristics. Yes, using in-ear (as defined here) headphones will let you hear yourself and the environment clearly while wearing them. Same goes for on-ear and open over-ear.

I stumbled upon another similiar product to Logitech H151 that is Logitech H250. Which one is better?

They're both basic headsets and (seem to) have near equal specs. Although Amazon shows 60 USD for H250, which is kind of expensive.

They're both basic headsets and (seem to) have near equal specs. Although Amazon shows 60 USD for H250, which is kind of expensive.
The ear cups size of H250 is bigger than the H151 one. Is bigger the better? Can I hear myself speaking clearly when wearing bigger ear cups?

The technical terms for the first 2 images are 1) in-ear monitor (IEM) and 2) ear-buds.

In ear monitors are closed back, isolated earphones with a silicon or rubber seal.

Ear buds are open-back or vented earphones which usually attach the driver baffle directly to the ear, although there are some hybrid designs which use silicon seals like IEMs, such as the Sennheiser IE800.

The technical terms for the first 2 images are 1) in-ear monitor (IEM) and 2) ear-buds.

In ear monitors are closed back, isolated earphones with a silicon or rubber seal.

Ear buds are open-back or vented earphones which usually attach the driver baffle directly to the ear, although there are some hybrid designs which use silicon seals like IEMs, such as the Sennheiser IE800.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone use that. Not saying that it's wrong, just that I haven't seen it...which is the problem. Very few make any distinction.

In the audio communities across the Internet, the term IEM is used almost exclusively to designate something of higher quality aka not the cheap shit you can find at Walmart by the register for impulse purchases for $5 or less, or at $.99 stores in all sorts of shitty colors. "Earbuds" almost always designates something cheap and just not really worth the cost. IEM aka in-ear-monitors as already noted are considered to be the better items and the cost(s) will reflect as such, they're the type of devices used by professionals (singers/performers/etc) and those can be in the multi-thousand (seriously) dollar range depending on the manufacturer.

pippenainteasy covered it very well with that post. The issue here I think is that the OP may not know how to ask for what he/she is looking for. It sounds to me (pun not intended) like he/she wants some headphones or earbuds that can also be used as a mic for voice chat purposes and there really ain't many of those, this is one but it's mono as most of them will be in this configuration:

new_single_ear_headset_headphone_mic_microphone.jpg

and that can be found here:

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/new-single-ear-headset-headphone-mic-microphone/202238750.html

I have seen, in the recent past, a stereo version of the same type of configuration but I can't track it down at the moment, my Google-Fu is weak this morning, sue me. ;)

Anyway, if I'm mistaken about what the OP is looking for then I suppose it just needs to be explained in a better manner, perhaps, but that's on the OP. There's also the possibility of using a single-plug 4-conductor typical smartphone style earbud these days as well with the inline mic as part of the cord itself. My Dell Latitude E6420 laptop has that single 4-conductor headphone/mic jack on it and my Koss Steel series earbuds I've had for years work great but that's because I swapped out the original cable for one taken from a pair of Samsung earbuds and it works great in situations where I actually require it.

I use Google Voice almost exclusively for all my phone/SMS/MMS activity so that comes in handy when I'm at the laptop and I don't have to necessarily grab my Galaxy Note 4 just to answer a call, it's all done on the laptop in that kind of situation using Hangouts and Hangouts Dialer without problems.

Back