Looking for high quality 23" - 26" w/ component...welcome to suggestions

alik4041

[H]ard|Gawd
As the title states. I'm trying to replace my current 17" LCD so that I could hook up my HD receiver to the monitor instead of using a TV card. My priorities are size, component, and color reproduction...in that order. Just because color reproduction is last, it's certainly not least. I'm also wondering if I would really experience ghosting while watching TV which I highly doubt, but just tossing that out there. I've done A LOT of research for months but I'm known for not being able to make a decision haha. So please if you can suggest something, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Sorry almost forgot to mention, my budget is no more than $400 and even that's pushing it :/

PS, I currently have my eyes on this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236047

I posted a similar question earlier today, got no responses at all.

I am eyeing that monitor also, or the samsung T260

I'm not too confident in the whole Monitor/TV combo as I think quality would not be so great when used as a monitor. I only speak from past Monitor/TV's that I've tried. I really think the Asus will satisfy my needs, but I just would like some feedback on my decision :p

Upgrade your receiver to one that has HDMI and get a new monitor. Component on monitors is generally quite bad. You could also do what I'm doing and get a 32" TV for $450-ish and use that as a monitor.

Well first I'd like to ask, how sure are you that HDMI is viewed better on a monitor than HDMI? I mean the receiver will be able to output up to 720p/1080i. The receiver also seems to be quite up to date for my standards since it has all kinds of connections such as s-video, component, and even DVI. From my knowledge, DVI & HDMI are practically the samething, but HDMI carries audio as well. So the bottom line question is the following; How does picture quality compare on a monitor when hooked up to DVI vs Component?

I hope you don't feel intimidated by my questions, as I'm only trying to learn :)

As for using a TV for a monitor, I really really don't want to do that. Not to mention it would be too big to fit on my desk.

Back